1. Superfrog's rating of the film A Master Builder

What a waste of my time. Neither sympathy nor empathy is generated for any of the characters and the theatrical setting does not lead to remarkable photography either.

2. Peter Blegvad's rating of the film A Master Builder

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film A Master Builder

The 2-hour runtime feels much longer, the dialogue and performances are wildly uneven throughout (Wallace Shawn is always worth watching, Julie Hagerty not so much), and this is a generally uninteresting dirge with infrequent moments and ideas worthy of your time.

4. Dean Owen Jones's rating of the film A Master Builder

Oh dear God, no. Not for me at all. Mannered, forced, boring, creepy. A film for (and by) old men. Next!

5. equillydire.'s rating of the film A Master Builder

Powerful stagecraft worthy of any live theatre. Belivable personas gently twisting the nuances of their interaction creates something wholly 'more'-quite an acheivement, particularly given the sparsity of the sets. No hollywood affects here. The vitaility of youth divests us of the heavy cloak of accumulated burden is perhaps the theme and something us brexit brits should dwell upon.

6. Peter Walsh's rating of the film A Master Builder

An odd adaptation that at times feels awkward, consciously transcribed from Norwegian and supplanted into English. Wallace Shawn both fits the role and doesn't at the same time. He's on and the he's very much off. Hot and then very suddenly cold. A strange film for that.

7. Leif Erikson's rating of the film A Master Builder

It is the small losses in life that cut one to the heart...

8. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film A Master Builder

It was more like a theatre play than a cinema film. The script which was based on Henrik Ibsen's play was nice. How the characters' characteristics unfold during their dialogues was interesting to watch. The film couldn't add to the text so much except for the performances.

9. captainfez's rating of the film A Master Builder

10. Henk Lamers's rating of the film A Master Builder

Final score: 8. Storyline: 9, Originality: 8, Cinematography: 8, Involvement: 7, Sound: 7, Editing: 7, Educational: 8, Title design: 7, Acting: 8, Interesting: 8, Unusual: 7, Exciting: 7, Superior: 8

11. Steve73's rating of the film A Master Builder

Great performances from Wallace Shawn and Lisa Joyce but the theatrical aspect and ropey camerawork made this a dull watch for me.

12. Rohith Varma's rating of the film A Master Builder

13. Jason's rating of the film A Master Builder

I am unable to fully accede approval to the conceptual gambit that props up this otherwise totally exceptional adaptation. I believe the play says some pretty interesting things about mortality if one chooses to read it that way, but I take exception to being made to so bluntly read it that way. The performances, the direction, and the sense of genuine human investment make this thing otherwise totally transcendent.

14. Obient's rating of the film A Master Builder

Why on earth there's no awards even no nominations for Lisa Joyce & Wallace Shawn performances?? Wally and Lisa were so incredible. Mentally sick. Lisa Joyce, I hope your acting career shine brightly.