1. Carolina Sousa's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

It's amazing the amount of effects this movie has, being a movie of the 40's

2. RoRoRoro's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

One of their best. Think Here Comes Mr. Jordan, only more stylish and British hah

4. Diogo Pires's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

É uma pena o final demasiado pomposo.

5. Muraki's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

the imaginative part of this movie is a remarkable achievement in the history of cinema.. too enjoyable on it's own with a superb edit.

6. JD Tastad's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

7. Kamran's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

A well executed surrealist blend of fantasy and reality, w/ mesmerizing ahead of its time special effects 85/100 - Excellent

8. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

Come da tradizione, il film più bello visto al festival di Venezia è di 70 anni fa.

9. Chilton's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

A bit too much cheese toward the end, but a good film nonetheless

10. DanOffen's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

Absurdly good. Exactly the sort of thing I like. Really clever, very witty and very sweet. A near perfect film.

11. A47's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

A remarkable ammount of avant garde techniqies used to create nearly believable effects which serve the absurd plot. Reminds me of Sam Fuller.

12. Algitya's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

As one of the most fascinating 'what if' life-tales ever made, i'd like to revisit it as often i revisit 'The Best Years of Our Lives'. :)

13. NICOLE86's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

I am always amazed by the way Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger used colors in their films.

14. Ryan Michaels's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

I discovered this film 16 years into my life and know that the rest of my time will be just a little richer because of it. Fuck, man.

15. Lightintodark's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

Peter: You've got a good voice. You've got guts too. It's funny - I've known dozens of girls: I've been in love with some of them, but an American girl whom I've never seen and who I never shall see will hear my last words. That's funny. It's rather sweet.

16. alexandratax's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

This is on YOUTUBE to watch, thanks to me: http://www.youtube.com/user/littleiceage#grid/user/5D3B52E7BA804720

17. Tom Noblett's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

No other film has made me cry so quickly. What a whirlwind of invention and emotion. Pure, resplendent cinema.

18. AKFilmFan's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

A masterpiece with so much imagination & moments of subtle humor. The concept was wonderfully pulled off with every actor giving great performances and can only be called one of P&P's best. And just look at that Technicolor!

19. emichan's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

i lost interest in this after watching it.

20. LoverofLeCinema's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

Can we take a moment to appreciate how badass Roger Livesey looks on a motorcycle?

21. OwainCai's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

There is something very special about this film, it is a technical masterpiece, brilliantly edited with b&w and colour film with fantastic sets and brilliantly acted. I've only seen it once but it has already become one of my favourite films.

22. Matthew's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

'"She walks in beauty like the night," only she's cycling and it's daytime.'

23. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

What I loved about this movie is that, even though it illustrated the same "love prevails all" bullshit you find in most movies, it navigated in a different light where the cosmos contains order and law and earth is chaos and senselessness. Where love exists without reason and universal law can't governor it. It the most literal fashion, that is. Oh yeah and the movie is absolutely enchanting!

24. Duncan Gray's rating of the film A Matter of Life and Death

“The British cinema is made of dullness and reflects a submissive lifestyle, where enthusiasm, warmth, and zest are nipped in the bud. A film is a born loser just because it is English.“ —Francois Truffaut. Screw that. 5 stars.