1. DSPRKY's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

Despite having taken the previous year off, this is a step down from Stardust Memories for Allen. It's a fun film but the jokes don't fly as fast or hit as hard as in his other, better works, and it lacks the sweet poignancy of Stardust.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

"Sourires d'une nuit d'été" version Woody Allen, une plaisante distraction souvent charmante, mais qui ne laisse aucune trace indéfectible... www.cinefiches.com

3. Mariana Filipa's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

Woody Allen meets Shakespeare

4. Leif Erikson's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

I'm not a poet. I don't die for love. I work on Wall Street.

5. tgmf's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

One of the Woody Allen's milestones and masterpieces. Saturated and characteristic.

6. ughchenausea's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

primo film di woody allen che non mi piace, mi sento un po' smarrita

7. Karthik's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

A dissenting voice: a film as tedious as this does have positive value. One realizes the need for a third notion of time, other than reel time (time in film) and real time (clock time elapsed), one needs a felt time (Bergsonian time, how long one feels a shot lasts). By that measure this film sure do last an eternity.

8. Beau de Jour's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

9. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

Hit me right in the sweet spot- thank you Woody!

10. Ghostman's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

Sex, regret, and death have never been so funny in a woody allen movie. Underrated.

11. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

12. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

13. José Neves's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

Rewatched and revalued. A film that as in Oliveira's "The Past and the Present" Mendelssohn's music establishes an ironic rhetoric under which images "romanticize" a vaudeville comedy with the help from Impressionism and a wise exploration of the magic lantern as a projector of proficuous wishes, a metaphor par excellence of cinema. As in Shakespear's magic forest, desires liberate themselves and create nostalgia.

14. Braden Vallenères's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

Probably Woody's weakest effort. He apparently wrote in a couple of weeks and it shows. The dialogue is a little too on-the-nose and all of the themes are just outright stated by the characters. Great setting but the potential is wasted. And playing a rape scene for laughs is never a good thing.

15. mjgildea's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

I can think of several Woody Allen movies that just sort of meander then pull out a home run in the last 5 minutes, completely making the movie for me and forcing me to forgive all of the bullshit I was subjected to for the past hour. Unfortunately A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy did the opposite, having me on the hook then completely losing me with the silly light show and Jose Ferrer's disembodied voice.

16. caprivi76's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

17. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

Allen ha sempre la capacità di mettere in ogni suo film almeno 10-15 minuti che inchiodano allo schermo.E anche questa commedia leggera,che nell'omaggio a Shakespeare riesce a infondere un pò di misticismo alle consuete situazioni grottesche,non è da meno perchè i piani nella radura(soprattutto l'ultimo) valgono tutto il film.I pezzi con la moglie vogliosa sono forti e i dialoghi sempre misurati e intriganti.3,5*

18. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

Funny-ish, pleasant and pretty, but the story looks too artificial with all those twists and turns. The spiritual component was expendable, at least to me.

19. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

Me sorprendió gratamente esta película de Woody Allen de la que tan poco se habla. Hay un equilibrio muy logrado entre la comedia, las inquietudes filosóficas y la magia; además aquí Allen y Gordon Willis siguieron experimentando con los planos secuencias y el espacio vacío con los personajes hablando en off, tal como habían hecho en Annie Hall y en Manhattan.

20. teresa romã's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

This was really enchanting, I loved it.

21. CafeGradiva's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

22. evening_enchanted's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

Apparently the script was written in two weeks and you can evidently see its shortcomings throughout the film. The plot and characters are rather thinly worked upon, but in spite of this, the film retains an ethereal quality through its cinematography and art design. The countryside is truly alluring and it, along with the charming cast, provides the film with the necessary backbone that makes it watchable.

23. Freddie Sutton's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

superbly written multi-character comedic farce by the Woody Allen all-star team (Greenhut/Rollins/Joffe producing, Gordon Willis on camera, Susan Morse editing). Top notch stuff from under-appreciated Allen.

24. Richmond Hill's rating of the film A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

Not the gossamer light confection it could have been and something of a portent for latter, even thinner, meta-physical whimsies from Allen; yet it’s attractively staged if underdeveloped and peopled with generally uninteresting characters.