1. subtonal's rating of the film A Monster Calls

2. Aulia Indry's rating of the film A Monster Calls

I see that the antagonist in this film is his own main characther. He is blocking and refuse everything that should happen in his life. He rejects everything and makes him evil to himself. Indeed that everyone must pass through this phase, this is the phase of maturation.

3. Igor Leoni's rating of the film A Monster Calls

4. Claire Wongsutin's rating of the film A Monster Calls

5. Bilouaustria's rating of the film A Monster Calls

This could be something like a modern version of a film from Carlos Saura or Victor Erice : a coming of age story of a disturbed child with its struggles and its poetic imagination and fears. But Bayona did not learn its lesson from the past and traded the subtlety of it for big special effects, heavy metaphors. The animated sequences (the tales) are nonetheless a beauty. The drama itself is hard to digest.

6. Daniel S.'s rating of the film A Monster Calls

Meant for teenagers (10 -> 14 max.). Already forgotten.

7. Severus Snape's rating of the film A Monster Calls

8. Andrea Rizzo Pinna's rating of the film A Monster Calls

9. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film A Monster Calls

Not my cup of tea. Due to various reasons: 1- children should not take part in any commercial or non-commercial business 2- fairy tales are boring since very much predictable 3- overly sentimental 4- who is the audience & interested to see a 12 year old child to find the courage to believe in himself, to deal with loss and find the truth about his grief? Teenagers? Adults? Probably both not.

10. muh.'s rating of the film A Monster Calls

Wonderful movie about grieving and getting to terms with things not ever being clearly bad or wrong.

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film A Monster Calls

That's some pretty profound shit right there. A wee bit of a tear-jerker ala 'Terms of Endearment'. Incredible performance by Mr. MacDougall.

12. Star Lord's rating of the film A Monster Calls

7 minuti dopo la mezzanotte (titolo italiano). Molto bello, profondo ed intenso. Il finale è di gran livello e splendido nella sua tristezza. Non lo rivedrei perché questi film mi intristiscono però è veramente un bel film.

13. Pymo's rating of the film A Monster Calls

You will never forget me...

14. nadnab's rating of the film A Monster Calls

15. NUGA's rating of the film A Monster Calls

"A Monster Calls" takes us on a beautifully animated discovery of a young boy's suffering who's mother is dying of cancer. It handles its theme in a way not much common to this genre, with truthfulness and clarity. There's is no easy way to deal with loss, and pretending it isn't happening is a way to do so, but everyone knows reality slaps you in the face. The final scene is idiotic and the movie is very predictable

16. Jazmina's rating of the film A Monster Calls

It was a powerful movie, I was emotionally engaged with the boy.

17. FCC 86's rating of the film A Monster Calls

"Belief is half of all healing"

18. Mr.Rager's rating of the film A Monster Calls

When the nightmares calls you at nite,must know that the dark is not that bad at all.It can reveal you things and new paths and learn you how the demons need to be slayed or contained for a better you.Speak the truth always,seek for the truth.Remember you're not strange but you're not the same. This movie touched my heart and made me cry and it felt so good.Great storyline,very intense and so powerfull visually.

19. Denis Zordan's rating of the film A Monster Calls

20. Dan's rating of the film A Monster Calls

Or: Bayona makes me cry - again! Still... I'm confused as to why I found it so one dimensional and yet feel it should be shown to potential future children as an educational guide./?

21. banu's rating of the film A Monster Calls

It serves a message about hanging on and letting go someone we care, at the same time. MacDougall roled well as Connor who is "too old to be a child, and too young to be a man."

22. James Mackin's rating of the film A Monster Calls

I dug that tree. As trees go, this one was dope. But I can't say I was that into it otherwise.

23. Faszinierender Stadtplan's rating of the film A Monster Calls

4 stars for the animation of the stories.

24. N!nA's rating of the film A Monster Calls

A wee boring! Like I was watching it for the 20th time!