1. muh.'s rating of the film A Monster Calls

Wonderful movie about grieving and getting to terms with things not ever being clearly bad or wrong.

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film A Monster Calls

That's some pretty profound shit right there. A wee bit of a tear-jerker ala 'Terms of Endearment'. Incredible performance by Mr. MacDougall.

3. Star Lord's rating of the film A Monster Calls

7 minuti dopo la mezzanotte (titolo italiano). Molto bello, profondo ed intenso. Il finale è di gran livello e splendido nella sua tristezza. Non lo rivedrei perché questi film mi intristiscono però è veramente un bel film.

4. Pymo's rating of the film A Monster Calls

You will never forget me...

5. nadnab's rating of the film A Monster Calls

6. NUGA's rating of the film A Monster Calls

"A Monster Calls" takes us on a beautifully animated discovery of a young boy's suffering who's mother is dying of cancer. It handles its theme in a way not much common to this genre, with truthfulness and clarity. There's is no easy way to deal with loss, and pretending it isn't happening is a way to do so, but everyone knows reality slaps you in the face. The final scene is idiotic and the movie is very predictable

7. Jazmina's rating of the film A Monster Calls

It was a powerful movie, I was emotionally engaged with the boy.

8. FCC 86's rating of the film A Monster Calls

"Belief is half of all healing"

9. Mr.Rager's rating of the film A Monster Calls

When the nightmares calls you at nite,must know that the dark is not that bad at all.It can reveal you things and new paths and learn you how the demons need to be slayed or contained for a better you.Speak the truth always,seek for the truth.Remember you're not strange but you're not the same. This movie touched my heart and made me cry and it felt so good.Great storyline,very intense and so powerfull visually.

10. Denis Zordan's rating of the film A Monster Calls

11. Dan's rating of the film A Monster Calls

Or: Bayona makes me cry - again! Still... I'm confused as to why I found it so one dimensional and yet feel it should be shown to potential future children as an educational guide./?

12. banu's rating of the film A Monster Calls

It serves a message about hanging on and letting go someone we care, at the same time. MacDougall roled well as Connor who is "too old to be a child, and too young to be a man."

13. James Mackin's rating of the film A Monster Calls

I dug that tree. As trees go, this one was dope. But I can't say I was that into it otherwise.

14. Faszinierender Stadtplan's rating of the film A Monster Calls

4 stars for the animation of the stories.

15. N!nA's rating of the film A Monster Calls

A wee boring! Like I was watching it for the 20th time!

16. neubau's rating of the film A Monster Calls

Emotionally mature, understated fantasy film which has to teach us much more about life, growing up and coming of age than immature "artistic" duds such as Moonlight. With perfect performances by most of the cast.

17. grotescsetorg's rating of the film A Monster Calls

18. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film A Monster Calls

J.A. Bayona's third feature proves once again that the director is a visionary when it comes to creating a dramatic atmosphere. The tragic coming-of-age story of Connor O'Malley takes an innovative blend of fantasy and drama, laced with very dark story elements. Despite the darkness of it, overall it's a very life-affirming story.

19. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film A Monster Calls

"And if you need to break things, then by God, you break them."

20. abyantama's rating of the film A Monster Calls

21. Justwibi's rating of the film A Monster Calls

very interesting fantasy movie. such a long time i didn't see fantasy movie like this one. coming of age movie but very mature, gorgeous and light. Lewis acting is so believeable and powerfull. animation sequence is beautiful & creative too.

22. Roxas Montezuma's rating of the film A Monster Calls

meaningful, its about facing your fear letting go someone that's trully means a lot

23. vordven's rating of the film A Monster Calls