1. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

This Romanian drama doesn't try to push any cinematic boundaries, but it wins you over with some very good lead performances, a script (co-written by director Paul Negoescu) that mixes in some nice, honest moments in between some meandering scenes that never become boring, and a relatively short runtime that stops it from outstaying its welcome.

2. Stevie M's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

3 1/2 - A well crafted piece of film-making. Convincing characters and excellent cinematography. The subtle details that reflect aspects of the main characters' lives - the straight-laced conformity of the IKEA furniture, the threesome in the window, the anagrammatic Adina/Nadia - also add to the film's charm. Oh, go on then, make it 4*.

3. Carrie Hunter's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

If I want to observe unenlightened, unconscious, self-centered men, I can just go outside. Why would this be interesting to anyone? The first shot, (after the clearly boring sex) of seeing the woman folding sheets and putting up pillows in a house not her own, was quite a turn off as well.

4. stampmonique's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

Should be re-titled "Misery in Romania." But, then who would watch it? Please! Perhaps the most pretentiously and deceptively named movie in cinema history!

5. kiokuu's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

I could have done better things with 84 minutes but silly me chose to watch this. What a waste.

6. johngryan's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

Loved this film. Very simple story, strong talent, great filming. It's a gem.

7. Slappy McGee's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

Relationship drama - not - set in Thailand. Ha. Ah the angst of a finicky dude who is not sure what he wants in a relationship and does his very best to fuck up all of the people he's involved with. It's a pretty well shot and well acted film. A bit light in material, but engaging enough. The bookends made me laugh... maybe not the intended response, but I found it kind of funny... in a meaningless sort of way.

8. konochingo's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

The extent to which the male protagonist is on screen (nearly the entire movie) became rather exhausting. Perhaps that's the point. There was a moment on the rooftop when it shifted perspective to a conversation between other characters and it was incredibly refreshing. All that said, this movie was an emotionally resonant, idiosyncratic look at loneliness and togetherness through the lens of a man nearing midlife.

9. Kevin's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

The self-pretension, self-indulgence, or mere selfishness throughout this film reminds me of Henry Jaglom. Having seen so many documentaries showing the bad times in Romania, at least we see a vibrate society, in some ways making up for the tortured story.

10. fearraigh's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

What might be a common-or-garden indie movie in other countries is lifted to brilliance by the sort of keen attention to realist detail typical of Romanian cinema. Who else has filmed the all-too-familiar prolonged awkwardness of a lengthy boozy trudge from bar to bar in wintry conditions? Who would so effortlessly make their hero a pathetic, mundane villain. A little gem this film.

11. Stuart Davenport's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

How did this movie get made ?

12. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

ROMANIAN SURPRISE. Excellente interprétation et réalisation d'une histoire originale autour de la fragilité du couple dans la vie moderne, sujet traité de manière très captivante. Film à voir, intelligent & délicat. === Excellent interpretation and realization of an original story about the fragility of the couple in modern life, subject treated in a very captivating way. Film to see, intelligent & delicate.

13. captainfez's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

This movie is not an argument towards a reversal of my decision that New Year's Eve always sucks.

14. lou.'s rating of the film A Month in Thailand

Where's the point, here? Where's the story? Or, better, a story worthy of being told? In a circular, boring narrative, I can only see the shallow struggling of a fickle, self-centered young man. The girl who takes him back is even more idiot. The ending was granted from the beginning, that makes the entire movie so obvious. At least I enjoyed a couple of songs.

15. Willie Conway's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

Simple every day life with dilemmas we all have but, oh how discreetly all themes resonate.

16. stephenjperkins@gmail.com's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

17. mgaspa's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

18. findfilm's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

A month in Thailand is merely an idea for a local of Bucharest who in one New Year's Eve dumps the woman who loves him but who's possessive tendencies has him pining for the women he really loves. Low budget, hand-held cameras, too much karaoke and cheap discos combine to present a slice-of-life story that neatly goes full circle. Perfectly achieves it's intention of representing average life for some average people.

19. tristanetyseut's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

Las escenas de ruptura y de reconciliación amorosas son extraordinarias!

20. GuilhermeSteinhaus's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

Well, there is no Thailand after all. Just a sellfish guy being the Don Juan of Romenia. A few good dialogues, but no intensity in the Drama. Interesting how Romenian is close to Italian language.

21. saitosouta's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

Next to "En la ciudad de Sylvia" "Take This Waltz," this is one of most heartbreaking romance about fleeting love & passing time since 21st century. Stimulated by a everlasting feeling like "I'm sure that I'm happy now, but I can't help but think I might have lived a happier life," a lonely soul wanders in the night of Bucharest. Us living a life is hurting other people & ourself deeply, maybe it continues forever.

22. malachiesipucheala94's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

e steaua de mare cand e an club sio vrajeste p aia voi v ati prins woo bv super frumos

23. Bertrand Queysan's rating of the film A Month in Thailand

Fuck the haters. Modern Ulysses.

24. telasi's rating of the film A Month in Thailand