1. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film A New Leaf

A screwball comedy that deserves far more attention than it gets. Walter Matthau is exeptionally great as the rest of the cast is. Excellent performances across the board, along with a fine, intelligent script makes this movie delicious. 'A New Leaf' is a gallery of eccentric chracters, black comedy, slapstick, fun & sentimentality. A real pleasure.

2. José Neves's rating of the film A New Leaf

35mm, rewatched, re-rating. On film, at a movie theater's screen, i realized the spatial qualities of a film that guarantees to its actors the adequate space of an improvisation in close collaboration with the camera, pleased with their performative spontaneity. Therefore, according to the later films of May and, above all, a very enthralling introduction.

3. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film A New Leaf

"If you can't be immortal, why bother?"

4. Isaac Benigson's rating of the film A New Leaf

An incredible film. With a brilliant script!

5. Blumes's rating of the film A New Leaf

Damn this world that kept Elaine May from making more movies.

6. kubrickhallway's rating of the film A New Leaf

I know this film had a studio edited final cut, or something along those lines, but I feel it is perfect. One of my favorite comedies of all time.

7. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film A New Leaf

6.9/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2th

8. miles's rating of the film A New Leaf

is this a rom-com? I don't know, but its certainly my favourite.

9. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film A New Leaf

"The PLO was bombing over there and a cruise ship had been taken hostage ...and then Elaine May was causing problems..." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2014/08/episode-26-subject-of-this-episode-is.html

10. Polyglot's rating of the film A New Leaf

Elaine May, the anti manic pixie dream girl. ♥♥

11. sandracine's rating of the film A New Leaf

It may be a well-used cliche but they don't make 'em like this anymore. May and Matthau are brilliant.

12. kategloria25's rating of the film A New Leaf

por fin la encontre....!!!!!!!

13. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film A New Leaf

May very well be the BEST comedy of the 1970s

14. Peter's rating of the film A New Leaf

One of the funniest and most subtle films I have ever seen.

15. Dale Wittig's rating of the film A New Leaf

Elaine May's first film was harshly re-edited by Robert Evans and his minions, but it's qualities shine through his crude attempt to obscure her brilliance. Walter Matthau is hilariously nasty and surprisingly, believably, poignant as the murderous spendthrift, Henry Graham. Having run through his family fortune he must woo and wed an heiress within a month and finds Henrietta Lowell, played by the director herself.