1. Landen Celano's rating of the film A Night to Remember

I'm so mad at all of you for not telling me how damn good this movie is.

2. Ethan's rating of the film A Night to Remember

This is a superior film to James Cameron's Titanic in the sense of we get more history and background surrounding the sinking and possible rescue that could have saved a lot of lives. It doesn't have the romanticism either, it is a very straightforward telling of a time and era that was brought to an end by tragedy. It may not be as technically impressive as Cameron's film but it's more honest in it's portrayal.

3. James Mackin's rating of the film A Night to Remember

A more objective experience than James Cameron's Titanic, this was an, at times darkly comic, and sad story.

4. Adam Piercy's rating of the film A Night to Remember

Excellent dramatization of the disaster, perhaps the best of them all.

5. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film A Night to Remember

This is way better than Cameron's Titanic in every way. No tacked on love story, just the people of different classes trying to survive. The SS Californian, what a bunch of assholes.

6. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film A Night to Remember

still the best version of the titanic sinking

7. joey Noodles's rating of the film A Night to Remember

The guy reading the book when the ship is sinking is meant to be W.T Stead, the man that my Dad did his PHD on!

8. AKFilmFan's rating of the film A Night to Remember

For those who crave facts and subtle sensitivity without the romance, this is a perfect adaptation of the event.

9. Christian R.'s rating of the film A Night to Remember

there is a little bit inside of me that loved this BETTER than "Titanic". The whole point in NOT focusing on a single charachter! Great film!

10. davefilkins's rating of the film A Night to Remember

Everything I thought I liked about Cameron's take on this tragic disaster was done long before (and much more artfully) in Baker's film. In this story, I actually come to care about the characters who have their own motives and sub-plots. I also enjoyed the sharing of the safety measures put into place since this horrific event. This is undoubtedly the best telling of the Titanic's woeful tale.

11. Max the Movie Guy's rating of the film A Night to Remember

Not the 1953 Titanic, not Raise the Titanic, not those blasted cartoons, not the miniseries, and James Cameron's only close. No one could make the Titanic disaster more shocking and emotional than this film.

12. Joseph Judge's rating of the film A Night to Remember

Man, the Californian sure was stocked with a lot of douchebags.

13. Fritz's rating of the film A Night to Remember

Glad to have seen this, and it's way better than Cameron's..In time for the 100th anniversary of the sinking.

14. Caden Cotard's rating of the film A Night to Remember

Whilst it's obviously better than Titanic (Battlefield Earth was better than Titanic, and not in an ironic way), it's overly sentimental, repetitive, and predictable. Honestly, is there a good story to be told about a doomed ship?

15. Jonah's rating of the film A Night to Remember

Read my reveiw at http://thecriterionproject.com/2010/03/27/7-a-night-to-remember-and-maybe-a-little-bit-of-james-cameron/

16. kndy's rating of the film A Night to Remember

The film was not much about a certain character(s) but keeping the focus on the Titanic and the people who survived and lost their lives on that fateful night. A film that would incorporate actual footage of the Titanic from 1912 to detailed information from the survivors, nothing like it had been done ever before since 1912. Also, a perspective from the other ships Carpathia and Californian. A film worth watching

17. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film A Night to Remember

Roy Ward Baker's at times clinical, at times deeply moving, always painstaking recreation of the sinking of the Titanic, based on Walter Lord's excellent book of the same name, pieced together all the evidence and testimony available in 1958 to deliver the most complete reconstruction of the sinking until James Cameron's TITANIC came along nearly 40 years later. Both harrowing and deeply moving.

18. Stephsayss's rating of the film A Night to Remember

A Night to Remember will always be my favorite Titanic film. Unlike Titanic (1997), it focuses on the historical characters and speaks for those that went down with the ship. Ace film.

19. Zack Scott's rating of the film A Night to Remember

I found that aftr watching this masterpiece that this was so much better than Cameron's Titanic.