1. EdieEmm's rating of the film À nos amours

My god, her smile! Just, I’m not sure the film would've been any more than 'quite good' w/out her. We're gluttons for opportunities to study people who effect us, unobserved, to - w/ the permeating understanding of intuition - nearly come to psychically embody them. And how already suffused with that existential ache (the theme of the film; & maybe our lot) to have that final quality of our desire be so unattainable.

2. 'king Harold's rating of the film À nos amours

I am father of a 15 year old girl, I'm about the same age as Pialat in this. The battles we have and will have as she meets boys and men are just beginning and they are fiery and awful and tear my heart. Thank God for the ending of this film. If don't have children you are missing a struggle, but don't tell me you know ANYTHING about it, you are just a bunch of cowards. (Lionel Shriver et al).

3. Tja's rating of the film À nos amours

Sandrine Bonnaire=Double Schwing! So French, so enchantingly attractive. Without her I imagine this flick would have disappeared from filmic memory, although a family who communicates principally by slapping and shouting tends to secure our attention. SPOILER: does our newly married heroine really emigrate with yet another guy? As we know from Being 14, hormones are nuts, but French hormones are off the scale.

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film À nos amours

5. FISCHER's rating of the film À nos amours

Révélation d'une jeune actrice qui ira loin, dans un film superbe et déchirant sans conteste parmi les cinq meilleurs réalisations françaises de l'année 1983. Une des réalisations les plus enthousiasmantes et accessibles à tous publics, de l'implacable franc-tireur du cinéma français qu'aura su rester Pialat. Une oeuvre à voir, revoir, enregistrer et garder précieusement, sans risque de lassitude.www.cinefiches.com

6. DSPRKY's rating of the film À nos amours

A very convincing coming-of-age picture, brimming with Rohmerian dialogue yet rife with a kind of sexual tension absent from that master's work. A nos amours is also surprisingly visually iconic, and not just thanks to Sandrine Bonnaire's (deservedly lauded) performance. It's hard to criticize a film that does the Bildungsroman this smoothly.

7. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film À nos amours

8. ammar's rating of the film À nos amours

9. panoramaofhell's rating of the film À nos amours

i was already killed for not liking this one

10. f-nanda's rating of the film À nos amours

I was between 3 and 4, just because sometimes I wasn't really emotional envolved with anyone there - AM I SUZANNE? - but the overall dialogue is something else! "Life's not much fun when you don't love anyone"

11. ecstatic truth's rating of the film À nos amours

Once upon a time I knew this girl

12. C's rating of the film À nos amours

A movie mostly about violence and looking for freedom that's tangentially about sex, do I even have to ask why a lot of people seem to think that it's the reverse? Pialat's acting is good, but what are people on about with seeing his character as benevolent and not maybe only a shade less terrible than the brother. Bonnaire is amazing. 4.5

13. Muraki's rating of the film À nos amours

the first of "My Dad is My Hero" kind of movie..I Love Sandrine

14. HAD!L's rating of the film À nos amours

beautifully random just like being a teenager again.

15. Magda Magdy's rating of the film À nos amours

My first Pialat film. Reminds me of Cassavettes' cinema.

16. Tatami's rating of the film À nos amours

Relentless. Pialat is not afraid to show the ugly side of family life, or rather he's not keen on embellishing it. Certain scenes are just brilliant.

17. Aardsy's rating of the film À nos amours

The family that slaps a slut together stays together.

18. Silvoieski's rating of the film À nos amours

A teenage girl tries to compensate the lack of feelings of her sympathetic father, brother and mother with a free sex life. Great plot, great performances.

19. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film À nos amours

Bonnaire's a gem, going from Lolita to plain lost. Still, the character's motivations are a bit hard to get, just like the family dynamic. I mostly don't feel the purported sadness, while the ellipsis-crazy narrative thrashes all over the place, which is probably the point. Only the father returns, eventually. All scenes with him are great (and he just happens to be Pialat himself...), as is the final dinner scene.

20. Zoe Ormonde's rating of the film À nos amours

"You think you're in love, but you just want to be loved."

21. Michael Stephenson's rating of the film À nos amours

Could only stand 30 minutes of this last time I tried to watch it. I don't think I've ever experienced a bigger U-turn with a film. It has a frankness which is unmatched, it's as if you're watching real scenes from a real life. One of the greatest depictions of the complicated dynamics and resentments of a family unit.

22. Allison Rung's rating of the film À nos amours

This holds up again and again and again, such a distinctive balance of lassitude and anxiety in... cinema's best girl-teenager?

23. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film À nos amours