1. Louis Robert's rating of the film À nos amours

La première partie du film m’a laissé un peu blasé, comme l’ambiance qui y régnait. En revanche, du moment où le père décide de partir, les réactions s’enchaînent et les interactions familiales sont très fortes!

2. Eva Cosac's rating of the film À nos amours

3. William R Clark's rating of the film À nos amours

It's the most Cassavetes thing never done by Cassavetes, the drama is almost all this hesitant and emotionally propulsive dialogue. Manages to feel quiet while actually being filled to the brim with words, ideas, passionate conflict. Every shot starts out kind of off kilter, lopsided, eventually morphing into this perfect, revelatory frame. Reads like a father's apology to his daughter. Guilty paternalism.

4. angeldromero's rating of the film À nos amours

A 15 years young french girl embarks herself on a journey to explore her sexuality. The genius of this film to me comes in moments where it cuts open reality allowing us to dig deeper into the confusion of the characters. The midnight scene where Suzanne and her father (played by Pialat) have a bonding chat has a special place in my heart and memory.

5. Anca.'s rating of the film À nos amours

6. P D Dawson's rating of the film À nos amours

A delicately shot and vibrantly filmed movie that shows the tensions within a familial setting on the brink of change and separation. We are shown sibling rivalry and parental violence, and the young Suzanne, played by Sandrine Bonnaire, is wonderfully affecting and manages to invoke empathy in us through her innocent rebellion and her first steps into adulthood.

7. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film À nos amours

Bonnaire and Pialat himself are extraordinary. Personally I found Ker and Besnehard a bit grating at times, especially at their most hysterical, which rather detracted from a couple of important scenes. Nonetheless I can see why this has become regarded as such a classic.

8. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film À nos amours

9. Levi Miah's rating of the film À nos amours

Nostalgic cinematography and a seamless passing of time are the spine of Pialat's coming-of-age masterpiece that riffs on female liberation and familial dysfunction caused by archaic, possessive male behaviour. Bonnaire, with a commanding performance, exudes subtle power in every scene. Suzanne is a force to be reckoned with, not just an innocent, naive girl, but a self-aware, thinking, feeling, loving human being.

10. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film À nos amours

"You think you're in love, but you just want to be loved."

11. Juan Javier's rating of the film À nos amours

12. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film À nos amours

13. tintinmugshot's rating of the film À nos amours

Remembers me Cassavetes. Fantastic drama about unstable characters and their shells.

14. azoulay's rating of the film À nos amours

Pialat prend tous les risques et c'est sa force. Ici il nous fait pénétrer dans la violence quotidienne d'une famille où l'amour n'est pas. Et la réplique provoque les tremblements de l'héroine magnifiquement incarnée par Sandrine Bonnaire. C'est dur et bouleversant ce constat d'échec à l'intérieur de la cellule familiale, comme un cancer incurable. Mise en scène prodigieuse.

15. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film À nos amours

At times quite bleak and depressing, this manages to stay watchable thanks to the lead performance from Sandrine Bonnaire. It's a heady mix of youthful rebelllion, household tensions, and general misanthropy.

16. Nils Amund Raknerud's rating of the film À nos amours

Exited after a few minutes. But I have a question. From which drama og book are the acresses quoting in the very beginning.

17. Blue Roses's rating of the film À nos amours

18. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film À nos amours

Affected me a lot. This is a character study of a superfluous young lady, a mix between Onegin and Madame Bovary. I say the latter because Suzanne is a romantic who bases her idea of love on what she reads, which in the beginning is a play by Musset. I have been led astray by women like her, and I believe Pialat has too. Sensual and dangerous, but naive and maybe even dense. Perfect.

19. Vincent Balcer's rating of the film À nos amours

Décousu, mal joué, quel est l'intérêt de ce film ?

20. McOpinionated's rating of the film À nos amours

People that don't like each other, or the protagonist Susanne, much (her family and sexual partners) + her friends. They argue, f**k, and sm*ke :-) This is the opposite of domestic bliss and a happy life. She's maybe going to have a great life, because she's got the spunk to escape - or maybe these destructive and self-destructive patterns will atrophy her spirit. Memorable. Scary power exudes from gauche Bonnaire.

21. captainfez's rating of the film À nos amours

The Klaus Nomi theme is the warmest thing here.

22. Zachariah Rigby's rating of the film À nos amours

"They fuck you up, your mum and dad / They may not mean to, but they do / They fill you with the faults they had / And add some extra, just for you." Bonnaire is seductive, sympathetic, nihilistic, incredible... And stunning cinematography, which looks about fifteen years ahead of it's time.

23. Edward Morris's rating of the film À nos amours

You might not like us Maurice but we like you

24. RoRoRoro's rating of the film À nos amours