1. Silvia Bombardini's rating of the film A Page of Madness

2. Nachtreich's rating of the film A Page of Madness

3. El Biffo's rating of the film A Page of Madness

Missing half an hour of footage and lacking any subtitles (Silent films in Japan were accompanied by a live "Benshi" narrator), reading the synopsis before viewing is highly recommended. It's on You Tube. Wonderful for late-night viewing!

4. FISCHER's rating of the film A Page of Madness

Un film hallucinant (le seul exemple de film surréaliste japonais des années 20) d'une sublime poésie noire dont le négatif fut retrouvé seulement en 1971. www.cinefiches.com

5. grotescsetorg's rating of the film A Page of Madness

6. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film A Page of Madness

An IMDb commenter described it perfectly: “It’s both interesting and boring.” Interesting as an artistic one-off due to its creative use of filmmaking techniques. I liked what I saw. Boring because watching it, you experience what is essentially an historical fragment: 20 to 30 minutes of the film and all of its intended narration are lost. This leaves the extant footage almost incomprehensible...

7. Kevin Costner's rating of the film A Page of Madness

An early masterpiece of silent Japanese cinema

8. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film A Page of Madness

Some of the images are startling, especially the dancing girl at the beginning, and the ending scene with the masks. It-between, I was left bored and genuinely perplexed at this impossible to make sense of movie. Maybe if someone re-wrote their own interpretation of what the "benshi" was supposed to say (a narrator would describe the story on stage in Japan, as opposed to inter-titles), I would have enjoyed it more.

9. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film A Page of Madness

This is a freaking mind-bender. The editing on this is just way ahead of its time; the accompanying score is the best kind of creepy; and the experimental method of unraveling the plot and subplots leaves you wondering what the hell will happen next. A very interesting piece of history and depiction of mental disorder.

10. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film A Page of Madness

Boccioni’s Futurism’s subcontrary handbook: linked by visual similitude toward dissenting goals. The de(con)struction of the solid, the synthesis of vision from granular perceptions (speed dynamics at Boccioni, resplendent rave at Kinugasa)+ fetching this fount nervous to its source - individual body - like playing an explosion backwards, the violence (as youthful joyride or extrinsic /intuited offence) show in both.

11. mad.lucas's rating of the film A Page of Madness

Madness on its purest form. I'm almost sure that some contemporary directors such as Lynch and Shiraishi definitely watched this and took it as inspiration to their work.

12. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film A Page of Madness

Seeing as the film was meant to be accompanied by live narration it feels weird to judge it as-is. Some things belong in their own time

13. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film A Page of Madness

14. Braden Vallenères's rating of the film A Page of Madness

I can't help but think that the purest form of cinema was achieved in the 1920s and 30s and we've never quite reached those heights again.

15. lina maj's rating of the film A Page of Madness

What I liked the most: - the soundtrack - the editing in the first six minutes - the mask scene

16. paxy's rating of the film A Page of Madness

17. Duncan Gray's rating of the film A Page of Madness

This long-lost film famously has no intertitles to explain the plot, so I consulted a synopsis, and even then I had to feel my way through with my best guesses. Regardless, this is one of the best of all silent films, a virtuoso mindbender and formal powerhouse whose view of madness (overwhelming, contagious, and unstoppable) makes Caligari look like a child's diorama. Grab an online summary and take the ride.

18. jisatsu's rating of the film A Page of Madness

19. Cindy's rating of the film A Page of Madness

i felt so cool watching this lol

20. Maja_wu's rating of the film A Page of Madness

Played LSD March - Suddenly, Like Flames while watching it pure delight!

21. Midare's rating of the film A Page of Madness

So complex yet so perfect beautiful

22. Invagination's rating of the film A Page of Madness

Very revolutionary in the area of Japanese Expressionism, a shame the film is not complete

23. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film A Page of Madness

An incredible cinematic achievement well ahead of its time.

24. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film A Page of Madness

A transmission from the other place.