1. Viginti_tres's rating of the film A Perfect World

A revisionist Lam film, that depicts and then delves beneath the tropes of the genre in canny, clinical and yet still charming ways. Don't know if I would agree its Clint's best, but it probably is Costner's.

2. Zac Weber's rating of the film A Perfect World

One of Clint Eastwood's more underrated films, and a real smorgasbord of classic Americana. I love the dynamics between Phillip and Butch, especially how hard it is to not root for the charming murderer. Cahiers du cinema picked it as their best film of 1993.

3. Antoinette A's rating of the film A Perfect World

4. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film A Perfect World

Damn near perfect film. Personal favorite Eastwood film

5. Mariska V's rating of the film A Perfect World

Friendship blossomed between escaped prisoner and kidnapped boy. A heart-wrenching one.

6. StevO's rating of the film A Perfect World

Honest and touching road movie. Kevin Costner: a giant from his first appearance to his last.

7. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film A Perfect World

Un film che poteva dare di più ma non lo ha fatto.Il rapporto evaso-bambino promette bene e lo stile on the road potrebbe portare a dei buoni sviluppi, ma la trama risulta troppo banale,non cè il minimo sussulto.Le scene con la polizia sono quasi superflue,Clint emoziona solo quando si mette il cappello e Laura Dern è abbastanza fastidiosa.Finale allungato a dismisura.Peccato,Eastwood ci ha abituato a ben altro.3*

8. Ellis Potter's rating of the film A Perfect World

Damn, Clint Eastwood knows how to make a film that is enthralling and carries the texture of real life. I don't think he has let me down yet as a camp acting icon, a serious performer or a film maker. And Kevin Costner really surprised me. Great work.

9. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film A Perfect World

A little long, but nonetheless a powerful work of poetry on how a failed childhood can later turn into a grim adulthood.

10. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film A Perfect World

It was very good, though I think we could've done with a different ending without the stock asshole FBI agent being the perpetrator of the formulated emotional blackmail that puts the lid on the film. That and I think Dern and Eastwood could have done with a few more scenes between them. Otherwise it's a very fruitful piece from Eastwood who allows himself to take the backseat as far as performance goes.

11. mpho3's rating of the film A Perfect World

an overlooked little gem

12. Dave's rating of the film A Perfect World

An underrated Eastwood film that is different from most other things in his filmography. Costner really is quite good here.

13. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film A Perfect World

Extraordinarily underrated and unique crime drama is easily one of Clint Eastwood's best films as a director. A sharply written script masterfully crafted by Eastwood, with Kevin Costner in possibly his best performance and a surprisingly effective performance from child actor T.J. Lowther. The ending goes on too long and gets pretty melodramatic, but overall this is an excellent film.