1. That Geek With The Clip-Ons's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

It's like having Martin Scorsese as your personal teacher, talking about the wonders of film. We all know he's a great storyteller, and this shows his pure love for film.

2. hemachandra's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

I can listen to Scorsese talk about films all day.

3. Dignan's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

Prefer the third part with smugglers and iconoclasts.

4. ICN's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

It's 3h40, but it leaves you wanting for more

5. anarki's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

6. Susana Bessa's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

Should be in every cinephile's, filmmaker's, apprentice's, student's (what have you) list of research docs. There isn't a dull moment during this exciting four-hour long talk between one of the greatest filmmakers of our time and all of us throughout the world. One of the best of BFI's Century of Cinema series, this one is definitely mandatory.

7. João Daniel Oliveira's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

"Uma Viagem Pessoal com Martin Scorsese pelo Cinema Americano" *****

8. Guy Phipps's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

I've seen many of the films from the "Journey" on Turner Classic Movies. I even suspect this film has been influential in TCM's programming over the last 10 years or so.

9. Umut Yüksel's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

Yes yes ı wanna watch it so badly :)))))

10. Ajay V Nair's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

It would be fun if there would be a "personal journey through world cinema"

11. David Slotema's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

It would have been so nice when Scorsese had narrated the Story of Film..

12. tiagovitoria's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

The only thing that bothers me in this documentary it probably bothers Martin Scorsese more. As he said in the final of the doc, misses some of great directors and cinema landmarks. It's not complete. However, what Scorsese achieves with this didactic but friendly talk is beyond great, it's really superb. We learn and made us think about movies and the passionate bunch of artists behind them.

13. HEDONIST's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

I had a great time with this film. Felt back I was I back in college again listening to a wonderful lecture. Charming. Had to go the extra mile and actually purchase this one -- great for educating friends or family.

14. Adam Suraf's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

Scorsese loves movies, and this three part doc proves that he knows his stuff; if you've seen everything he mentions here, you're in good company.

15. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

Ya me habría gustado tener una master-class de este calibre en mis años universitarios. La devoción que este hombre siente por el cine es algo indescriptible.

16. AKFilmFan's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

The closest thing to a film class on cinema, but even more like Scorsese sitting next to you talking about the movies, which for 4 hours doesn't really seem long enough.

17. Lacey Miller's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

I thought this was excellent, but nothing less is ever thought when it comes to Scorsese.

18. Andrés Pff's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

another book for my bible.

19. fabridoss's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

"I consider myself still a student." Scorsese talking about films is better than any Film school.

20. Kaushik's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

I hope Marty makes a follow up someday.

21. Lee Bullitt's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

i just love listening to this man talk. Add tat to him TALKING ABOUT FILM and I've got a great friggin' narrative.

22. S Campbell's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

Great film by a man who has a passion for movies that really shines through. This will make you seek out the films he profiles

23. honovic's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

To properly enjoy this doc means to have a pen and paper ready, then spend the weeks needed to watch the films he guides you through. Truly a gem and a great introduction to the films that influenced some of the greatest auteurs.

24. Phil Worfel's rating of the film A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies

I'm still trying to watch all of the films that he discusses in this. So many amazing clips and what a commentary! Knockout doc.