1. Nachtreich's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

Composizioni del frame e relazioni tra gli oggetti presenti molto belle.

2. bryanvmh's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

Don't fly to close to it or you'll end up thinking about murder

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

Montgomery Clift plays a social climbing sleaze, but he's also very hot and loveable and I feel bad for him!! Anyway, this is a great melodrama about class mobility and faith and dumb American values!! Monty Clift 5ever.

4. Terri Wise's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

A few great shots and great scenes. I suspect the book is a lot more nuanced on the mommy issues.

5. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

I don't like this movie however I admire the craftsmanship. I know why so many directors love it, including Mike Nichols, but the premise is unconvincing. I won't elaborate because I don't want to spoil. The only performer who makes any deep impression is Elizabeth Taylor. Stevens was better when he had a sense of fun.

6. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

Clift and Taylor's scenes are really boring, they just talk about how much they love each other in a needy and repetitive manner. All my stars go to Shelley Winters. Just like in "Night of the hunter", she is so warm and authentic and simultaneously really pathetic, that you kinda root for her but at the same time enjoy her suffering. She was awesome.

7. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

8. Aardsy's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

Another light, evil romance.

9. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

8.1/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2pI

10. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

11. Nicole Richie's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

The protagonist's apathy towards the end and his inability to explain himself resembles l'etranger by Camus. Maybe that part of the movie is the most important one and maybe it could have been more explicit in that sense. The way he meets liz taylor in the movie reminds me of how the protagonist of matchpoint meets scarlett, it makes sense, after all the movies play the same theme but with different moralizations.

12. Erik F.'s rating of the film A Place in the Sun

13. swordofdoom's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

it's a 5 star movie until Raymond Burr enters the picture.. I wish it had just ended before all that... in its time and before perry mason it would have been perfect. what a timely film for today though, with the talk of planned parenthood being defunded. shelly and monty and liz at their best. loved it.

14. Muraki's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

15. redux's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

The original Doomed Heartbreaker kills Shelley Winters so properly.

16. msmichel's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

Stevens' adaptation of Dreiser's 'An American Tragedy' pars down the story and succinctly tells the story of a man's morality which is corrupted by reaching for a life unattainable. Despite its ridiculous court room hysteria in the final reel the film works due to fine turns from Clift, Winters and a radiant Taylor. Winner of 6 academy awards including director, script and cinematography.

17. Peter Tran's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

18. Gonçalo Mata's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

This brilliant masterpiece holds the best use of cross fade. The superimpositions are not only effective of the time passing, but they stretch temporality, and allow constant flux of emotion to pass form on shot to another, allowing the memory so ephemeral and fractured to emerge stronger than any other perception, a image so strong that imposes herself onto all others, like Taylor's and Clift's performances.

19. josé neves's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

"Desire" list: was there a more ciné-ecstasy couple than this one? And Clift, was he ever so markedly indelible in memory for his extraordinary bruised beauty? A film something academic and certainly nothing unusual, that the couple Taylor-Clift brand and does what the filmmaker little knew to do. In "poesia" list because of Taylor and Shelley Winters.

20. sandracine's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

E. Taylor and M. Clift define beauty.... gutsy movie.

21. Arisa's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

That screencap was my desktop background for such a long time! Now I've got Clark Gable and Carole Lombard eating watermelon on a couch.

22. M Klein's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

Tried to watch this, more for Montgomery Clift than Liz Taylor. Trouble with knowing how a film ends before you've seen it - half way through the voice in my head screaming 'Don't do it, Monty!' were so loud I switched off. Also it was a bit plodding.

23. sister chromatid's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

Fucked up, but it sure is pretty. And that sweet brand of sadness at the end -- the fifties.

24. Pedro Zambujo's rating of the film A Place in the Sun

Couldn't stop thinking of Murnau's Sunrise in way too many scenes.