1. Ethan's rating of the film A Poem Is a Naked Person

This is an extraordinary documentary that not only gives us great insight into the incredible musician known as Leon Russell but it also has a lot to say about life, love, and what music is really all about. This is a true gem from one of the greatest documentarians of all time Les Blank.

2. Aardsy's rating of the film A Poem Is a Naked Person

Get those god damn cameras off us!

3. qw0aszx's rating of the film A Poem Is a Naked Person

Life should be like this, happy, free and awesome!

4. Jason's rating of the film A Poem Is a Naked Person

Holy freakin' cow! I was certainly curious about Blank's long not-quite-lost cultural artifact, but was not exactly expecting to come head to head w/ what is inarguably one of my favorite cinematic documents of the 1970s. Special attention needs to be allotted to how this treasure of a thing is cut. A profound and doped-up State of the Union for the ages. Like an unholy alliance of Gimme Shelter and Vernon, Florida.

5. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film A Poem Is a Naked Person

It’s as ephemerally constructed as it’s strangely solidified in its sensorial and cultural representation of a specific time, place and community. Is it a bit inscrutable? Certainly, but that’s far from being a fragility, being, in fact, the film’s greatest strength, creating something akin to a fragmented half-forgotten memory of the feelings and thoughts germinated by a musical piece or even a free form poem.

6. Endless Eye's rating of the film A Poem Is a Naked Person

All the feels. This is what music documentaries should be all about. Free form, wild, hilarious, insightful, and some damn fine music.