1. David Perez's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

A spectre is haunting Mubi. He emulates Woody Allen's 'Stardust Memories' poorly. Not even cutting enough to be labelled 'pretentious.'

2. captainfez's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

They're paid to be there, but why the fuck am I here?

3. Zefis's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

Excellent film. I didn't know Radlmaier, but now I can tell you, he is one of the few film director able to mix humour and drama into a political plot. In addition to this, the movie helps to reinforce our class-struggle consciousness. The tale about the two anarchists is also hilarious and meaningfull...

4. schmalhans's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

As Radlmaier recognizes the politics of distinction inherent in the discussion of communism, his film's humour seems to be fueled by this tension. Though the first half lacks the drive and absurd overzealousness of his 'bourgeois dog', this one doesn't fail to entertain with its cast, setting, and tad of irony being on point.

5. Shane Ewen's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

Smart, surrealist, funny use of parable: the invisible immigrant worker as the modern day proletariat. Great story-telling. Doesn't outlive its length either.

6. guillermo's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

Very funny political comedy. Some serious problems treated with refreshing humor. The black hole, the surreal scenes, the quiet camera, the slow dialogues. These are XXI century cinematic answers to Lenin´s question: What is to be done? That´s why the answer by Radlmaier has to be a surreal comedy.

7. yaxpac's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

Las realidades sociales discutidas de forma amena por tres representantes: un anarquista, un conservador y un intermedio.

8. Monkey Flix's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

Mildly amusing, mildly bizarre, mildly pointless, mildly watchable.

9. aconeyisland's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

10. Slappy McGee's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

(1.5 stars) What the what? Okay. It's not you, it's me. But, Julian Radlmaier, we are so broke up. Hell... maybe it's you.

11. barebeauty's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

I started watching this very much with the intent of shutting it off, more so because I wasn't look forward to dead-on political drabble however; while there is certainly political drabble, I was hooked! Radlmaier gets his ideas off but with charming humor, fresh ideas, thoughtful characters, and wonderful pacing. I am reminded of Miguel Gomes, Apichatpong, and Ruben Ostlund. A great surprise!

12. SiIencio's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

Absurdist humour in this mildly political tale with little pretentions to put his head above the parapet. We find in Radlmaier the consciousness to recreate a personal and idiosyncratic style that so far carries very little weight.

13. José Neves's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

14. LibertyCapz's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

Definitely found this one more digestible (and more enjoyable) then the prior "A specter is haunting Europe". Apparently, to the fine folks at Mubi this was something of a drama, personally I saw this more as a comedy as I giggled quite a bit throughout. I really enjoyed how they didn't emphasize some of the funnier parts, but went with a rather subtler approach. Still a big fan of the static-shot style as well.

15. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale

I can confirm that A Proletarian Winter's tale awoke my class consciousness.

16. Misho's rating of the film A Proletarian Winter's Tale