1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film À propos de Nice

A diverting derivation from Vertov, with a good eye for juxtaposed line, form, movement and satiric detail.

2. Ouistiti's rating of the film À propos de Nice

Il Cinema Ritrovato, Bologna, 2017

3. Nachtreich's rating of the film À propos de Nice

C'è il suono di Vigo che si masturba guardando le cosce.

4. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film À propos de Nice

Masterful use of editing. This is a short experimental film exposing the good and bad aspects of modern society by contrasting them in an almost absurdist but effective way. It stands as a social commentary on the way that society is fueled by capitalism. Something that popped in my head while watching the film was : "Hiding in plain sight". Capitalism is hiding in plain sight. We, the society, are just hiding it.

5. ermete polpette's rating of the film À propos de Nice

6. Aardsy's rating of the film À propos de Nice

7. János Valuska's rating of the film À propos de Nice

8. bagno's rating of the film À propos de Nice

9. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film À propos de Nice

An interesting, albeit mostly meaningless and pointless look at a seaside city, in the avant garde format. Some cool shots, but that's about it.

10. natsume's rating of the film À propos de Nice

11. Balthaz21's rating of the film À propos de Nice

12. Ethan's rating of the film À propos de Nice

This film feels like if Luis Bunuel had directed The Man with the Movie Camera.

13. anarresti's rating of the film À propos de Nice

This picture (as the profile picture for the movie) is the worst spoiler in the history of cinema! Who the hell thought it was a good idea to use it? Was it someone who watched the film? I'm so glad I came here only after watching this masterpiece. This ruins the experience of watching the whole film. It's supposed to be completely unexpected, out of context!

14. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film À propos de Nice

15. RoRoRoro's rating of the film À propos de Nice

16. Rodrigues Costa's rating of the film À propos de Nice

One of the most memorable shots ever

17. Terry_Moby's rating of the film À propos de Nice

There should be more films like this!

18. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film À propos de Nice

I liked the scene when boys and girls were dancing with cancan style in slow motion ... there are many stylized frames . We cant say this was an completely documentary film. Film has a poetic language.

19. THE APOLL0's rating of the film À propos de Nice

Beginning was a bit rough but as it went on his cinematic voice on society came through, probably one of the most influential films on documentary cinema that have been made.

20. suede's rating of the film À propos de Nice

7.5/10. So Vigo described this as showing "[t]he last gasps [?!] of a society so lost in its escapism that it sickens you and makes you sympathetic to a revolutionary solution"? Whoever claims to see that today: Gimme a break. We see people and stuff in the Riviera sun. Beautifully shot. Edited with silliness and a rhythm. I saw this accompanied by a remarkably beautiful and upbeat accordion score.

21. WY's rating of the film À propos de Nice

22. Quinten Wyns's rating of the film À propos de Nice

VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film À propos de Nice

I like old time photography and wondering about faces,places.. this is one of the good films that you will find it fascinating.

24. Francisco R.'s rating of the film À propos de Nice

Beauty and subversion intertwined.