1. DSPRKY's rating of the film À propos de Venise

I think I might need to revisit S-H in another thirty years after I've had the chance to finally digest the prodigious volume of literature they must have consumed to develop these works. 3.5/5.

2. Isidora Ivkovic's rating of the film À propos de Venise

What an experience! A delightful film for anyone who enjoys slow cinema.

3. Warren Spratley's rating of the film À propos de Venise

An important concern for Straub: how might cinema politicize a composition, a landscape, water, light? Time & again the Straubs investigate the terrain; they dissect our passivity towards it by way of theatricalized dialogue & its complex relationship w/ movement within a frame. It's symphonic, every area activated & alive. The end is a curious, ghostly reminder of something beyond description. A very powerful film.

4. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film À propos de Venise

J.S. Bach kills that shit! (even if it's apparently a « found footage » from Anna Magdalena Bach's film, lol)

5. José Neves's rating of the film À propos de Venise

In the end, as a sudden ghost image, there is the embodiment of the body that sent the voice-over that runned from the political and literary history of Venice, leaving the water frames to an idealized remission, as a perennial dream. The matter that cuts the dream, the subject of the procedure of film technique.