1. FISCHER's rating of the film A Pure Formality

Sujet en or, maltraité par manque de rigueur ! www.cinefiches.com

2. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film A Pure Formality

After 'The Tenant' Polanski again proves that he is not only an excellent director but an actor as well. Depardieu is Depardieu; unlikeable. This is a chamber play, a psychcological duel, a cat & mouse game about what is true or not; about fantasy & reality and the complicated nature of memory. Interesting. But there are hangovers in the middle section which makes it a bit boring & I am not so fond of Depardieu.

3. Bogdan Liviu's rating of the film A Pure Formality

"You don't write because you have an idea, but because you can't do anything else."

4. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film A Pure Formality

★★★★ the bureaucracy of a lifetime.

5. eek's rating of the film A Pure Formality

Great movie, great performances, great twist

6. Giulia Di.'s rating of the film A Pure Formality

Grande ripresa verso la fine.

7. Stardust Memory's rating of the film A Pure Formality

I just watched this movie the other night and I was very impressed. The ongoing rain, the dialogues, the actors (like Gérard Depardieu and of course Roman Polanski), the story itself - especially the end, that I really didn't expect - formed an amazing atmosphere. All this and above all the denouement of the story made this movie one of the best I've seen in a long time.

8. Adriano Rocha's rating of the film A Pure Formality

Sim, ontem eu revi "Uma Simples Formalidade" (sei que minha amiga Toddy Delahov adora). Uma obra-prima, de 1994, dirigida por Giuseppe Tornatore, e com as atuações vigorosas de Gérard Depardieau e Roman Polanski. O filme prende o espectador num fio de suspense; não te como não sentir um grande prazer conferindo essa obra. Simples, direto, bem finalizado. Perfeito!

9. Omar Fabricio's rating of the film A Pure Formality

Dialogos brilllantes, actuaciones excepcionales y una historia maravillosa acerca de quien somos en realidad

10. Addy's rating of the film A Pure Formality

Esta película es un poema

11. Luchiano's rating of the film A Pure Formality

Las goteras aun hoy me salpican.

12. hauken's rating of the film A Pure Formality

A masterpiece by Tornatore! Must see!