1. Matt Reddick's rating of the film A River Called Titash

Obscure and enthralling. I definitely need to read up on the Bengal partition. edit: ah, Ghatak has some essays on film in english!

2. kinotopia's rating of the film A River Called Titash

what an awful mess. like if someone saw Satyajit Ray's "Apu Trilogy" and thought "I could do that" but they couldn't.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film A River Called Titash

Une amère et douloureuse vision du quotidien indien... www.cinefiches.com

4. marco's rating of the film A River Called Titash

indian cinema and literature

5. Balthaz21's rating of the film A River Called Titash

6. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film A River Called Titash

There are stray bits that impress, but it's such a disjointed, lumbering thing. And it too often skirts the ridiculous: the death scene of two of the main characters is high melodramatic nonsense. It's good-looking, aye, but the director lavishes far more attention on the numerous well-framed shots than he does on coherence, and finally even those become soporific. Satyajit Ray he ain't.

7. Howard Orr's rating of the film A River Called Titash

The dramaturgy of "A River Called Titash" is one that Shakespeare would recognise immediately; spellbinding, bravura, sad, often overreaching, but what counts is that it's one of the most heartfelt films in existence.

8. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film A River Called Titash

This is one of those films of such gravity that I wish I could watch it again with virgin eyes. Full Review: http://cinephiledreams.blogspot.com/2013/12/a-river-called-titas-1971.html