1. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film A Royal Affair

I will never forget that scream. I will never forget Alicia Vikander. I love this movie as much as possible. It broke my heart.

2. Rogue.'s rating of the film A Royal Affair

3. Ameille's rating of the film A Royal Affair

4. Nadia Marolda's rating of the film A Royal Affair

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities", Voltaire. Magnifique film!

5. ioanabogdana's rating of the film A Royal Affair

6. Diderot's rating of the film A Royal Affair

Very enjoyable historical drama with a great cast and an ending that's both devastating and reassuring.

7. cinegeek.de's rating of the film A Royal Affair

Ist es möglich, dass die junge Königin nicht durch Lust, sondern Idealismus in ihre Affäre getrieben wurde?(...) die ganze Rezension sowie die prächtigsten Kostümfilme der 90er bis heute gibts auf cinegeek.de

8. Chris's rating of the film A Royal Affair

Great performances, but honestly starts to drag in the middle and doesn't pick up until about 20 minutes before the end - 7/10

9. Ronja's rating of the film A Royal Affair

I found it way too sweet and manipulative. Enquist's novel is much more dark, scary, honest and beautiful. Read it, people!

10. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film A Royal Affair

[3.5] A beautiful cinematography presenting the enlightenment environment versus an inspired in true story 18th century Cort plot. Hard to say which one is more interesting to follow. I guess in the end we get to learn that noble goals in power and politics require some sacrifices and at least two generations to get it done.

11. Thomas's rating of the film A Royal Affair

Lavish historical drama. Stunning visual detail, compelling story and a standout performance from Mads Mikkelsen.

12. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film A Royal Affair

Gorgeous directing and perfect acting. Also it made that 18 page paper I wrote in college about the year 1766 finally pay off. No, seriously. I did that. It took 3 weeks and I wanted to cry by the end. I got an A though, Internet! Go me! Oh...you don't care. Well you get to see the woman from Ex Machina naked, so that's neat.

13. galuh indri's rating of the film A Royal Affair

"They all think I'm crazy." Mikkel The Awesome & Mads The Brilliant.

14. Sarah J.B.'s rating of the film A Royal Affair

A well-done period piece made up of very common historical elements: the nobility + adultery, betrayal, power plays; somehow more interesting because it is (mostly) true. The mise-en-scène and cinematography are fantastic, as is Vikander's subtle yet powerful performance. Still, the film consistently feels like it is holding back -- surprisingly little turmoil showcased in support of their main focus: Enlightenment.

15. Onbestendig's rating of the film A Royal Affair

16. Daniel S.'s rating of the film A Royal Affair

Great actors and compelling story but already forgotten.

17. claudiaaraujo's rating of the film A Royal Affair

Visually beautiful as most period dramas are. Very surprised with Mads Mikkelsen's performance. Alicia Vikander very powerful as well.

18. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film A Royal Affair

19. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film A Royal Affair

20. Vi's rating of the film A Royal Affair

21. Melmoe's rating of the film A Royal Affair

Great story! Great cinematography! Sometimes the film looks like a Caspar David Friedrich painting. Great acting by Mikkel Boe Følsgaard and Mads Mikkelsen.

22. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film A Royal Affair

I could not feel any pity of the characters in this cold representation of Christian VII’s reign. Review and rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-royal-affair-2012.html

23. Dan Patterson's rating of the film A Royal Affair

Proof that not all period piece dramas have to be dry and boring.

24. Jordan Peters's rating of the film A Royal Affair

Breathes new life into its stale genre with sharp writing, compelling performances and handsome trimmings