1. Ethan's rating of the film A Safe Place

A movie about time travel for the art house intellectual who doesn't really care about the science fiction side of time travel.

2. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film A Safe Place

It's not UNwatchable but it's pretty close

3. Matthew Martens's rating of the film A Safe Place

No, this ain't the weak link in Criterion's BBS collection: that spot's reserved for Nicholson's listless Drive, He Said. Welles' turn here as a mysterious, mostly mute keeper of childhood's half-remembered magics is a little ridiculous, sure, but who cares? It also works, if you let it. Jaglom's best film is a stoned soul requiem for a damaged, beautiful, unbalanced girl and the men who would save or exploit her.

4. Joe Wakeman's rating of the film A Safe Place

NO! BWAHAHAHAHAHAH NO!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAH

5. David J. White's rating of the film A Safe Place

I killed the shit out of her.

6. Earth's Impossible Day's rating of the film A Safe Place

A lovely fever dream of a film that reminded me of the Czech New Wave at it's best. I'm slightly baffled by all the hate for this. Orson Welles does magic tricks and Tuesday Weld stares straight into the camera for half the movie. I found the whole thing quite beguiling and charming, and I'm really excited to see more by this Henry Jaglom.

7. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film A Safe Place

I can appreciate what Jaglom was going for: loose time structure, childhood lost, etc; it's just a pretty annoying film to sit through

8. Hunter Duesing's rating of the film A Safe Place

Good on Criterion for releasing this movie, so that audiences could remember why they forgot it in the first place. A SAFE PLACE is the worst kind of American artsy crap from the late-60s/early-70s, riddled with faux-European pretensions & shallow hippie culture. Not even Welles and Nicholson can save it. Criterion's synopsis describes it as "overlooked," but actually it's a film that was forgotten with good reason.

9. SelfImprovementInc's rating of the film A Safe Place

10. Accept No Substitutions's rating of the film A Safe Place

The worst film Godard never made. I couldn't even stomach half an hour.

11. Andrés Pff's rating of the film A Safe Place

12. T. J. Harman's rating of the film A Safe Place

Tuesday Weld is amazing in this film.

13. Robert Regan's rating of the film A Safe Place

A movie with lots of close-ups of Tuesday Weld can't be all bad, but this one comes pretty damned close.

14. Groovymoovy's rating of the film A Safe Place

Great film - the first Jaglom film I saw. I was hooked and now I've seen them all except Drive.. he Said. I don't know how I missed that one. Gotta find that one.