1. Alex's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

2. stopyunn's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

3. Anthony De Luca's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

It's his best one. Well this and Hana-bi, of course.

4. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

Lui ama il surf, lei ama lui, tutto il resto, pur contando sempre poco, vien da sé. Le varie sfaccettature della relazione di una coppia meno fortunata sono dipinte da Kitano in un film lento e tutt'altro che facile, ma di una bellezza silenziosa. Sarà che uno dei punti di forza del regista è quello di far trovare allo spettatore una profondità laddove un vera profondità non c'è, ma ancora una volta ne esco stupito.

5. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

6. Arisu's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

everything is great in this movie

7. adalpi's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

Meraviglioso film del maestro Takeshi Kitano, supportato dalla fantastica musica di Joe Hisaishi. Pura poesia.

8. ardo sitompul's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

please let me learn to surf

9. Yulia Trunova's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

Because of some his famous movies it's easy to forget that Kitano-san tells us stories not only about yakuza, gangsters, strong loners. He can be a child, passionate young man, can be changeable etc. "The scene at the sea" is beautiful and sad film at the same time. There is everything: love, farewell and the residue of bitterness, and the sea that gives life, the passion, the sense of life, death and eternity.

10. Yelizaveta's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

Their silence is louder and emotionally stronger than a thousand words.

11. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

Not much about what the movie gives visually but emotionally very very strong. The ending killed me completely. Bursted in to tears

12. Alvi Ifthikhar's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

As pure as the whitest sand on the whitest beach.

13. oooooo's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

14. Alessandro Tinchini's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

Magnificent. One of my favorite Kitano's films.

15. George Ha's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

I agree with Daniele, I really liked this movie; soft, quiet, and engaging, but the ending sort of threw me off guard. Left me a bit confused. This was my first movie by Takeshi Kitano that I've watched (DIDN't REALIZE the BATTLE ROYALE guy was a renowned director) - interested in seeing what else he has to offer.

16. Lorna Singh's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

This quiet,beautiful film will touch every viewer.With no dialogue from the 2 leads,yet we are drawn into their world,their relationship convincing. The music was perfectly suited to this warm story.

17. Livor's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

18. João de Freitas Leal's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

19. Zach Closs's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

With his typical subtlety, grace, and deadpan style, Kitano examines the little tragedies and victories that can come to define a relationship. And it's all set to a wonderful score by Joe Hisaishi.

20. Olivia Reneé Saldívar's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

The best movies are the ones where the main characters don't even speak.

21. Daniele's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

I enjoyed this film even though the end left me a bit dry.

22. geremia biagiotti's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

23. DJ White's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea

This simple story of a boy who loves surfing and a girl who loves the boy could easily have cascaded over the edge into sap territory but Kitano's empathetic yet detached viewpoint never allows it to happen. Deserves multiple viewings.

24. Drew Millay's rating of the film A Scene at the Sea