1. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film A Screaming Man

2. FISCHER's rating of the film A Screaming Man

Après un prix mérité au festival de Venise en 2006 pour son film précédent, Mahamat Saleh Haroun récidive en recevant une nouvelle distinction, cette-fois à Cannes, pour une oeuvre d'une douloureuse sincérité, sur un arrière fond identique (la guerre au Tchad) et une puissante mise en scène, efficace et précise, loin de l'esbroufe et de la cacophonie cinématographiques qui malmènent nos écrans. www.cinefiches.com

3. Philipp Reinke's rating of the film A Screaming Man

Ein schlichtes, ehrliches Drama über den Bürgerkrieg im Tschad, das nicht auf rohe Konfrontation durch Kriegsbilder setzt, sondern die Angst, das Glück und die Verzweiflung einer Familie aus dem Tschad direkt ins Herz der Zuschauer pflanzt. Haroun verpackt das, was er zeigen muss, in Gefühle und schafft so einen Film, der greifbar ist, den man schmecken, fühlen und riechen kann.

4. ShawnD's rating of the film A Screaming Man

The first act is the strongest part of the movie, but the middle sags and suffers from repetition when it could be gathering steam toward a moving a final scene. What takes place off screen (or what will) is what gives the movie its power. Those trained on snarky dialogue/lots of 'splosions may find it be a slog even at just over 90 minutes. Others will find the cinematography alone as reason to watch.

5. Clay_Carter's rating of the film A Screaming Man

"A Screaming Man" is an odd title for a film whose primary character, Adam, is level headed and calm. This morality tale pins Adam against his son, Abdel, when the bosses at the hotel that employs both men chooses the younger as the new pool attendant. This strikes a blow to Adam, locally known as "Champ" for his swimming accolades. A quiet, walking pace film, it mixes dollops of comedy in with the drama.

6. T Mills's rating of the film A Screaming Man

The first great movie I have seen on Mubi since I subscribed not along ago (and it's been a fun ride so far). The subtle portrayal of envy, bitterness and guilt in this film was extraordinary. I felt there was also a cultural layer I missed because of lack of knowledge but still the film was heartbreaking and powerful. My first experience with cinema from Chad.

7. Matthew Chuckran's rating of the film A Screaming Man

The plot is a little vanilla and certain scenes overly sentimental, but the core emotional themes of the movie, coupled with the unrefined Chadian backdrop make it worthwhile.

8. David R Williams's rating of the film A Screaming Man

A beautiful film that encompasses every aspect of the human condition: love, hate, despair, regret, jealousy and hope. Superb performances.

9. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film A Screaming Man

A very meditative and introspective movie about a relationship of a father and his son. Even though at moments it was slow, it all made sense by the end.

10. Chris Gillespie's rating of the film A Screaming Man

The way, way too predictable plot took away from the terrific acting of 'Champion'. Overly dramatic and mawkish at times.

11. z2z2's rating of the film A Screaming Man

This story tugs at you in different ways. You really see yourself as the critic judging the relationship between a father and son go awry. The film is beautiful to watch.

12. twinpeaks's rating of the film A Screaming Man

13. Wee Hunk's rating of the film A Screaming Man

I think this compares favorably to 'The Last Laugh' in that it strips out much more of the melodrama that was common at the time. I thought the father/son element was particularly strong.

14. Leif Erikson's rating of the film A Screaming Man

Our problem is that we put our destiny in God's hands.

15. redcap42's rating of the film A Screaming Man

Great stuff Haroun keep bringing it on!

16. narges's rating of the film A Screaming Man

one of the best movie that I have seen.its director was present in Belgium Fine Art last night,he is so realistic and deep in his psycho -social point of view.I recommend you to watch this movie,you would love it as well.

17. zuk's rating of the film A Screaming Man

I loved the affection of a father on his son...I loved this film...

18. David Cohen-Tanugi's rating of the film A Screaming Man

A beautiful movie about a father and a son in war-torn Chad.

19. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film A Screaming Man

This is one of the finest examples of mature African cinema with a well crafted screenplay that will make any sensitive viewer reflect on the contents. My full review is at http://moviessansfrontiers.blogspot.in/2012/06/129-chadean-filmmaker-mahamet-saleh.html

20. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film A Screaming Man

A great drama, thoughtful in its story while, portraying the Chad Civil War in the background with sounds of planes becoming more and more prominent in the soundtrack and the setting become sparser, almost touching on a doomsday scenario where a father has to find himself as his small world slowly disintegrates. It’s a quiet film, which some would say goes against the title, but the emotional core strengthens it.

21. THEX_1138's rating of the film A Screaming Man

A brilliant work of art and an insightful reflection on our ability and need for full self-expression through cooking, singing, swimming or something as unassuming as tending to a pool.

22. Phoebe Pua's rating of the film A Screaming Man

From paterilineage, comes war. From the alloy-roofed houses of Central Africa, comes the muted screams of women.

23. Sancar Seckiner's rating of the film A Screaming Man

24. Kyle Lewis's rating of the film A Screaming Man

A meditative but powerful film.