1. Diderot's rating of the film A Self-Made Hero

I'm always taken in by stories of self-transformation, and this is also the first time I've been really attracted to Mathieu Kassovitz. Beyond that, this is a minor Audiard film (and Audiard is also, generally, a minor director).

2. aurkihnowe's rating of the film A Self-Made Hero

Unfinished....got halfway through this and decided it would be futile to finish it, as i have a limited lifespan....there are comments about Vichy France (spoiler: they were cowards) filtered through the story of a man so caught up in faking a life that he seems to keep forgetting to live one....maybe ill watch it when it comes around again, but, no, this was just boring...and why it won an award is beyond me....

3. Vivec's rating of the film A Self-Made Hero

It’s interesting but very reminiscent in narrative and form to Europa, Europa. It’s just not as good and the negative rendering.

4. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film A Self-Made Hero

We all tell lies. Sometimes they are self-aggrandizing lies we tell others, sometimes comforting ones we tell ourselves so emphatically we start believing them. This is a portrait of such a liar as stand-in for a liberated France trying to erase its guilt through opportunistic delusion. Elegantly constructed, but too tame. What would the more caustic Audiard of latter years have done with this material?

5. Honeychurch's rating of the film A Self-Made Hero

maybe the most handsome leading man alive. his face is just perfect in shot after shot.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film A Self-Made Hero

Second long métrage d'un réalisateur toujours intéressant à suivre... www.cinefiches.com

7. nabil.rjafellah's rating of the film A Self-Made Hero

"Les vies les plus belles sont celles qu’on s’invente"

8. BrianFromConcentrate's rating of the film A Self-Made Hero

Any idea where I can find this film? Not in PAL format?

9. Hugo Resendiz Saldivar's rating of the film A Self-Made Hero

El tema es muy sólido y te engancha desde el principio, y el ligero entrevisto del clímax te hace querer llegar a ese punto, con lo que Audiard encuentra un prólogo perfecto. Puedo catalogarla como un docudrama, con una estructura muy sólida y muy buenas actuaciones.

10. britney spears's rating of the film A Self-Made Hero

A swift film, had a lot of glint. I adored Desplat's bursting music. You can tell that behind the camera is a grinning director.

11. Raven's rating of the film A Self-Made Hero

A great film. See it if you can find it