1. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film A Short Film About the Indio Nacional (or the Prolonged Sorrow of the Filipinos)

2. Nachtreich's rating of the film A Short Film About the Indio Nacional (or the Prolonged Sorrow of the Filipinos)

Beh 'nsomma non è proprio silent.

3. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film A Short Film About the Indio Nacional (or the Prolonged Sorrow of the Filipinos)

Cercano al cine mudo francés, Raya Martin promueve en una serie de escenas un lado poético y alegórico (nuevamente) al comentar sobre la rutina de un poblado filipino a principios del XIX. La composición de tres historias destinadas ver cómo el dolor de una nación es generacional, y esto se entiende en la introducción, lo más sugerente y mejor del filme. El filipino contemporáneo cargando un pesar que lo desvela.

4. soiwaswrong's rating of the film A Short Film About the Indio Nacional (or the Prolonged Sorrow of the Filipinos)

Even if the Philippines doesn't have a Silent Film Era, as far as I know, but this film surely captures that era the Philippines should have many years ago... It's amazing and an instant classic!!!Shit!! I can't wait for Independencia to be available!!!

5. David Grillo's rating of the film A Short Film About the Indio Nacional (or the Prolonged Sorrow of the Filipinos)

Like some kind of twisted divinity play an auto sacramental based on reality. An absolute Fever Pitch!

6. Vanessa Schaefer's rating of the film A Short Film About the Indio Nacional (or the Prolonged Sorrow of the Filipinos)

Martin’s drive to visualize this period in his nations history is why this is a film that should be made. The film may not be valuable to a large audience of non-filipino viewers but, a film doesn’t need to relate to all audiences to be valuable. Not all films are box-office entertainment, some filmmakers are ARTISTS first. My full review at- http://letterboxd.com/vanrose/film/a-short-film-about-the-indio-nacional/

7. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film A Short Film About the Indio Nacional (or the Prolonged Sorrow of the Filipinos)

One of the most hypnotic and beautiful history lessons I've ever seen. The Virgin Mary kind of scared the crap out of me too!