1. SpacePirate's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

As good as the original, this one perhaps succeeds a bit more than others in the series, with a good supporting cast including Sanders, and Sommer playing a good damsel in distress. This one has a darker tone, and Sellers tones down the slapstick a bit as a result to better serve the mood. There are def moments for him to shine here, but he did his best work elsewhere, namely in The Party and Being There. 3 stars

2. FISCHER's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

Un Blake Edwards succulent où Peter Sellers cumule les facéties ! www.cinefiches.com

3. Aardsy's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

A lot more fun, but still completely average.

4. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

Inspector Jacques Clouseau is a timeless character in the world of comedy, and Peter Sellers's portrayal of the inept yet charming detective is a joy to watch to this day. If you ever need a crash course in how to establish exposition, the opening scene of this film is a must-watch, as it's orchestrated damn-near flawlessly.

5. Muraki's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

6. porcelainfox's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

The film is funny in a simple, old-fashioned kind of way, and I think that the beauty of that sort of humour is the fact that it never gets old! Times may have changed and we may have grown older, but there's still nothing like these simplistic, innocent comedy films. And Peter Sellers is fantastic.

7. Luís Darkim Fernandes's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

That opening scene... one of the best, in movie history!

8. film_lies101's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

As I was watching this I just kept thinking; Peter Sellers is so much better than this. I agree w/ Chris, bird poop and nudist colony jokes in any era are lame as fuck. To say "you have to place it during its time" is like someone saying Al Jolson doing blackface was funny during its time. The opening scene while flawlessly choreographed, is simply not funny.

9. TheotherJones's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

The best of the Panther films but that's not saying much. Great music and a cool opening scene and Sellers has some fun bits, but there's a lot of long stretches without any jokes at all. It's sad to face the fact that Peter Sellers was a great performer but was mostly in bad works.

10. Christopher Scott Zeidel's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

After 30 years of edgier and sometimes R rated comedy such as Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, A Fish Called Wanda, Clerks, There's Something About Mary, American Pie, and of course The Hangover, the early Pink Panther films are too innocent for today's audiences. The humor is dated. Do we laugh at bird poop anymore? Is the nudist colony scene funny in the age of The Hangover? See my point?

11. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

The opening scene alone is enough to give this film 4 stars.

12. agostinellips's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

The opening scene is flawless.

13. Vlad's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

Need to see it again, good times!

14. lizle's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

"The case is sol-ved". You idiots!

15. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

My fave of the Panther films both Sellers and Edwards at thier best

16. Spencer Draper's rating of the film A Shot in the Dark

Absolutely perfect-the best of the Panther films by a long shot.