1. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film A Star Is Born

The dubious premise and Garland's age are two strikes against it. The third strike is the length of the film. And yet, and yet....she is a great artist and the rapport between her and Mason is magical. Other pluses: "The Man That Got Away," "It's a New World" and the beautiful look of the film.

2. petit astronaute's rating of the film A Star Is Born

(3.5 | 2K) The opening and first half hour of the film are superb, in George Cukor's first delightful Technicolor and first CinemaScope for Warner Brothers. It feels to long and the script uneven.

3. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film A Star Is Born

I finally saw this movie ... been studying Judy Garland for months ... in some ways this movie completely exceeded my expectations, in most ways, it completely bewildered me. I've never had a movie-going experience like A Star Is Born. There may be no other movie experience like A Star Is Born. The lost footage, the haunting parallels to Judy's off screen life, and then, her performance .... words fail

4. FISCHER's rating of the film A Star Is Born

Cukor for ever ! www.cinefiches.com

5. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film A Star Is Born

Heartbreaking at its most. Judy Garland was such a perfection and James Mason left me a sadness for his fragile, troubled character. I did crying near the ending.

6. elenagallen's rating of the film A Star Is Born

Everything is great, really it is, but eventually you get fed up of the singing. Wouldn't watch again for money.

7. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film A Star Is Born

Lo mejor de esta película es James Mason encarnando a una estrella de la actuación alcoholizada y en decadencia (la escena de Norman Maine interrumpiendo el discurso del Oscar de su esposa es brutal y desgarradora) Los números musicales se hacen cansinos e infinitos.

8. grotescsetorg's rating of the film A Star Is Born

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film A Star Is Born

This film is really bloated. Upon viewing the directors cut I can see why so much was trimmed. However, Judy's "Man That Got Away" gives chills. My fav moment of her entire career. Slays me every time I hear it

10. P.P.'s rating of the film A Star Is Born

Judy's performance is pure perfection

11. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film A Star Is Born

i can't tell if this is misogynistic (it could certainly be read that way-this story is so old and been done so many times that seems the obvious but maybe shallow answer) but judy garland is amazing and my old gay ass is giving this epic showbiz melodrama full stars

12. Susana Bessa's rating of the film A Star Is Born

Whatever people might say, this is beautiful and it will always be beautiful. There's nothing like Old Hollywood, with its charm, style, grain and in this case, an amazing performance by Judy Garland.

13. José Neves's rating of the film A Star Is Born

Cinematography by Harold Rosson.

14. DUTCH's rating of the film A Star Is Born

Beautiful to look at, a great lead performance by Garland but the pace and space between songs is too far apart and does not hold your attention despite the cliched showbiz story. Not all of the songs are that good either. I found James Mason's breakdown more believable in Bigger Than Life. Basically everything you could critique about Cukor's My Fair Lady, mainly the lull pace, is far worst in this film.

15. Trevor's rating of the film A Star Is Born

Except for the atrocious "Born in a Trunk," this is an emotionally and visually mesmerizing film. Mason and Garland are stellar, as are most of the musical numbers especially the legendary "The Man That Got Away," a goose bump-inducing machine of a song. Cukor's use of color and the Cinemascope frame are just as remarkable. A flawed but emotionally intimate epic of Hollywood

16. Clarissa's rating of the film A Star Is Born

Judy Garland sings and dances in a extremely long two hour musical. Entertaining but I felt like it could of been done in half the time.

17. Fabio Ornelas's rating of the film A Star Is Born

The Lost Weekend meets The Artist in this good but unnecessarily long classic.

18. wolfmansRazor's rating of the film A Star Is Born

Archetypal backstage melodrama blown up to the size of myth, the "omega of musicals," per Richard Brody. Cukor synthesizes 25 years of movie-musical history into an epic of emotional style, with the tragic, vulnerable Judy Garland at the center of it all. I particularly love the opening sequence, a kind of abstract overture that encapsulates the ambivalent fascination of Hollywood fame.

19. MarcH's rating of the film A Star Is Born

The pace (never Cukor's strong suit) is like molasses. This story does not require 3 hours. Garland, Mason, Cinemascope, The Man That Got Away, backstage atmosphere...all as good as you've heard.

20. Max the Movie Guy's rating of the film A Star Is Born

The first time I saw it, TCM UK was still in 4:3, and contradicted their American promises by showing a VHS print of the film. I didn't have a comfortable enough time watching it. Later they went widescreen and aired the film in its original format, letterboxes and all. And that's why pan-and-scanning a film made in the time CinemaScope began is the biggest mistake any movie channel could possibly made.

21. Arcanus's rating of the film A Star Is Born

Awful schmaltzy show biz tripe. Only for queens who love Judy Garland, who is as sickening as ever.

22. Ademption's rating of the film A Star Is Born

Starts out strong. Madonna and Almodovar owe quite a debt to Cukor. The restored bits, composed of read lines and stills, is the saddest restoration I've ever seen. A whole reel went missing.Then, the second half drags quite a bit. Worth watching, but uneven.

23. Alex Delarge's rating of the film A Star Is Born

The blu-ray is phenomenal! This is what classic restoration is all about; looks very film-like with grain intact. I noticed for the first time that the focus-pulling is a bit lazy.