1. FISCHER's rating of the film A Story of Water

Une inondation bloque tout, et notre héroïne est aidée par son cousin Bébert qui l'emmène dans une barque, puis dans sa voiture. Ils atteindront Paris, et elle va finalement rester avec lui. Pourquoi pas ! www.cinefiches.com

2. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film A Story of Water

3. truffraud's rating of the film A Story of Water

"18." "that's a good one!" "23." "ah, i've already heard that one..."

4. Log Lady's rating of the film A Story of Water

A rambling piece of I-don't-know-what. My least favorite short from Godard so far.

5. João Portalegre's rating of the film A Story of Water

this is the clearest precursor to nouvelle vague's big boom and it's wonderful. the romanticized small moments, the things one thinks of for the whole duration of the film, the schizophrenic cutting and just how irrelevant all the information we're being told seems. the amateurish writing also helps so much. it's actually brilliant.

6. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film A Story of Water

7. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film A Story of Water

8. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film A Story of Water

An amusing and rather lovely little film. I have read this was originally shot in 1958, yet unseen until 1961.

9. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film A Story of Water

Una historia de amor entre las aguas, que es metáfora de libertad, y un montaje alborotado a lo Godard.

10. Francisco R.'s rating of the film A Story of Water

I thought the flooded scenery was just too lovely to be wasted on such frantic cutting, I would have wished less empty dialogue and more a deliberate pace, or in other words Godard and Truffaut should have toned down the self-aware french new waviness.

11. Anton Williams's rating of the film A Story of Water

Jean-Claude Brialy was "the Casanova of Nouvelle Vague".

12. chanandre's rating of the film A Story of Water

[Cinémathèque PT #127: 35 mm]

13. Andrés Pff's rating of the film A Story of Water

the narrator is quite funny.