1. kartina obskura's rating of the film A Summer at Grandpa's

3,5 reminded me on wonderful days of reading tom sawyer in childhood ♥

2. Ostermyers's rating of the film A Summer at Grandpa's

3. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film A Summer at Grandpa's

Las vacaciones de un par de niños parece convertirse en la primera marca emocional que los empujará a la madurez. Hou Hsiao-Hsien primero inicia con un incidente que no pasa a mayores, pero poco a poco va sumando otros más. La violencia, la enfermedad y la muerte rondan la rutina de verano de los niños. Continúa sin embargo ese distintivo, todo (aparentemente) no pasa a mayores. Queda el recuerdo, lágrimas y temores.

4. Francisco R.'s rating of the film A Summer at Grandpa's

It offered a forceful and sensitive rebuke to my expectations for a melodramatic solution, which turns it into one of the most resonant, highly personal films I've seen.

5. El Biffo's rating of the film A Summer at Grandpa's

I can't pee when the train is moving.

6. Kamran's rating of the film A Summer at Grandpa's

Hsiao-Hsien's capacity to convey childhood and remind the viewer of what childhood is like is unprecedented. There's something sublime about experiencing life with child-like wonder. Through nostalgia we can feel how it was to encounter adult issues without the mindset for it. There's little understanding of meaningful experience until you have grown old and sense it through nostalgia. 78/100 - Very Good.

7. Aflwydd's rating of the film A Summer at Grandpa's

"Though relationships are strained at first, the boy and girl end up having a wonderful summer with grandpa, as the old man takes them on fishing trips and helps them in their search for a lost cow" I must have been watching a different film because the quoted never happened.

8. joey Noodles's rating of the film A Summer at Grandpa's

Life is in the little things.

9. William Low's rating of the film A Summer at Grandpa's

A precious life lessons in childhood through various daily events and random encounters,Hou portrays this simple story into a deep and meaningful coming-of-age.

10. Gran-Hoff's rating of the film A Summer at Grandpa's

The juxtaposition of childhood's innocent pleasures and adulthood's problematic implications, that keeps always an open side door to the fate of reality's randomness. A solid and delicate film.

11. Spiritchaser's rating of the film A Summer at Grandpa's

I think this is my favourite Hou film. And I've seen all except Cafe Lumiere and Good Men, Good Women.

12. Ardhi Syaifuddin's rating of the film A Summer at Grandpa's

A film that feels so close at home.

13. gory™'s rating of the film A Summer at Grandpa's

this movie makes me homesick. i want to "pulang kampuang" :)