1. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

I can't stop thinking about this movie

2. sadie's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

feels so good when the universe aligns and gives you an actual excuse so you don't have to lie to get out of shit.

3. ermete polpette's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

4. Nachtreich's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

5. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

The film mostly leaves me cold, but the character of Margot supersedes that reaction.

6. beatrizatriz's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

how to: avoid responsability for your actions

7. Christina Themeli's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

χαριτωμένος μαλάκας.

8. Catarina Andrade's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

Rohmer at his funniest but not at his finest. Clever the way he depicts his main character through indecisive dialogue. We can laugh at him, sympathize with him and know that he'll be alright in the end. All in all a perfect summer's tale.

9. luís debonoir's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

10. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

The protagonist is, in the end, a douchebag playing all the possible angles which makes the film a bit harder to like than other Rohmer's tales. Then again, if he wasn't, there wouldn't be a movie and all its permutations. Enjoyable and skillful, but also a bit frustrating, since the protagonist doesn't really evolve & seems to remain shallow. Amanda Langlet is sublime, maybe unfairly so; she askews the quadrangle.

11. Cependant's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

Observer d'un oeil de Bretagne les souvenirs maintenant presque oubliés de la jeunesse habituées des saisons d'été. Sensation amer salée et une envie de rire.

12. Timbo of Boston's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

Friendship, love, men and women, the head, the heart, the loins, this is like life with the extraneous and the ironic stripped away. Those French lips, downcast gazes, and sensuous performances make me feel like I’ve dreamed his movies. In an age where nearly everything has to be funny, ironic, and full of side plots and pop music, Rohmer is still a deep breath of (ocean) air. You watch with your heart. Riveting.

13. Zac Weber's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

A Summer's Tale showcases Rohmer's penchant for using youth to explore the dilemmas of attachment and identity. The film exudes a feeling of optimism, and Amanda Langlet is lovely. The people and locations in Normandy are equally beautiful, and as new experiences, the film contemplates what it takes to "get to know" someone or something.

14. David R Williams's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

A film about all the permutations of relationships told through three different pairings - one man and three very different women. It would be nice to think that the male piece of these puzzles is at least slightly wiser at the end but I fear that is not probably not the case. Amanda Langlet shines as Margot.

15. Max Seqgar's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

Aaahh! To have the free spirit of the sailor's heart, crashing against the waves of three mermaids!

16. Trulove1211's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

The rarest of all films. No romance here. Not really. The film seems to be about the difficult nature of relationships and the limits that stop so much goodness from ever really becoming goodness. This is the story of love. We love, lose and try our best to go on.

17. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

Ah, youth. Wanting the freedom of not being tied down or having to choose and also wanting to be adored and be chosen by others. Rohmer's ironic romance picture shows that in love and friendship, commitment is important and so is becoming an adult in a relationship. I love Rohmer's flawed characters, who never seem to understand themselves and make plenty of mistakes, as does Gaspard with the trio of girls.

18. Dave Corun's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

Dude, just go with Margot. She's aces. The other girls don't care for you nearly as much.

19. Peter Lewis's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

Interesting to see an older filmmaker handle some of the pleasures and pains of youth so deftly. Perhaps it's best they are examined from a distance. I think Rohmer kept all the interconnected themes of desire, longing, self, friendship and love simmering along quite nicely. Chance and circumstance are perfect devices to play out these ideas. Only 4 stars as I found the editing a bit annoying. Less is more for me.

20. jenesuispasanglais@gmail.com's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

This was a nicely innocent meditation on the nature of friendship, love, and self-absorption. Dialogue and editing were thoughtful and well-paced: It looks like a cheap faux-arts film at first, but the more one watches, the more nuanced everything seems. Not a terribly weighty film, just nice. Very nice.

21. Dan Roy's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

Prepare to get a huge boner

22. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

23. jeromey's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

Delightful, charming, Rohmer at his wittiest; a bittersweet, funny nostalgia piece for everyone with a memory of summer romance and an unrequited crush.

24. klofter's rating of the film A Summer's Tale

It takes a bit of time to get going but once the sails are set it's as enjoyable a 100 minutes as you're going to get this summer. There is a hypnotic quality to this very simple tale of one young man spreading himself thin between 3 more or less demanding summer amourettes and even though not much happens, there is a clear sense here that one just witnessed some sort of art. Fantastic!