1. Armina Stepan's rating of the film A Syrian Love Story

Thoroughly enjoyed how it began as a political documentary then switched focus slowly but surely to following the marriage between the two main characters

2. Tormentor's rating of the film A Syrian Love Story

Interesting angle to a rather macabre setting. War, persecution, relationships, a boy growing up all meddle together in a sympathizing and beautifully crafted documentary.

3. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film A Syrian Love Story

I felt so moved by this documentary that I started crying my eyes out during the screening... It is a truly heartbreaking story of love, pain and possibly peace at the end of it. Characters seem to be completely genuine and raw in their emotions. The little boy is incredibly cute and innocent and each person in the family moves you in different ways. It seems to be filmed with a camcorder but still powerful.

4. Caden JJ's rating of the film A Syrian Love Story

One of the best documentary films I've ever seen. What makes A Syrian Love Story near pure excellence is the absolute truth of the situation that the family Sean McAllister captures find themselves in, and makes more a very emotional end albeit satisfying. The film also brings to light the struggle the civil war in Syria has on families living there, and why we must to more to help.

5. Andrew Lang's rating of the film A Syrian Love Story

Another brilliant film from a truly great director

6. Corina Romonti's rating of the film A Syrian Love Story

3.5 This little film has really moved me. I guess we forget that behind all the social and political tragedy of a war there are always personal tragedies; the refugees that seek asylum in the West are people with their own personal burdens.

7. lockworm's rating of the film A Syrian Love Story

If Asghar Farhadi made a documentary, this would be it.

8. MarcusArcus's rating of the film A Syrian Love Story