1. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

2. anadyomene's rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

I want to tell you something funny. Two days earlier I had a dream, I was cooking while smoking and someone told me "I've never seen someone cooking while smoking," and I casually said "Now you have,". In one particular scene on A Tale of Springtime, Eve was peeling potatoes with a lit cigarette between her fingers. Guess what Natacha stated? "I've never seen someone cooking while smoking".

3. Catarina Andrade's rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

The main character is interesting but her interactions are not exciting. As much as I love Rohmer's view of mundane activities, I expect it to be aligned with some more depth.

4. Andrew Miller's rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

I showed this to a friend, who couldn't take the elaborate coincidences, contrived plotting, etc. For me, the unlikely narrative apparatus is an expression of modest hope-- that spring will come again.

5. k t's rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

The dialogues were great, but the film itself, not that much. Liked "A summer's tale' lot more.

6. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

9/10 "The heroine, Jeanne, who teaches philosophy, suddenly takes a sort of sidereal perspective from herself and realizes giving in to the man who was courting her is secondary, that she was absent from herself when she said a few words, which meant yes.

7. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

While this might be the weakest entry into Eric Rohmer's Four Seasons, this is still an incredibly strong and mature film with his signature great dialogue at its finest!

8. Mellow Dude's rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

Just like the other dude say: thoughtful talk

9. Sơn Nguyễn's rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

People talk when the music of Schumann is playing. I love this "spring" even more than "summer" and "winter". I think it's one of the most accessible work of Rohmer. Btw, this is the 5th movie of Rohmer that I've watched, but I love him already.

10. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

11. DSPRKY's rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

Fun, but the characters weren't as interesting as I'd hoped. Eve doesn't eat apples here; instead she smokes, peels potatoes and talks philosophy.

12. pedro eira's rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

13. M****'s rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

The fashion in this movie is to die for.

14. Michael Harbour's rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

Rohmer = talk, usually thoughtful talk; in this case very thoughtful talk as the protagonist teaches philosophy and that occasionally becomes the topic of conversation. Love is also discussed. And life. And desires. People manipulate. People are manipulated. People realize they have been manipulated and respond with varying degrees of annoyance or anger. All much more interesting and engaging than it sounds.

15. Pierre Yves's rating of the film A Tale of Springtime

"Le cinéma, c’est de l’architecture."