1. Matthew Martens's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

It's the bee's knees, but so are you.

2. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

3. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

4. ajdehany's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

Delaney's characters are vividly drawn. Film and play are familiar to any Smiths fan, but do they reach as wide an audience as they deserve? Or is the subject matter still too risqué for the mainstream?

5. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

Heartbreakingly real .. a sort of romantic-realism; terrifyingly adult when I saw it at the cinema as a child, and now it is too close to the poverty of the relationships of that time and place. Unexpectedly, the photography of the urban landscapes of Manchester is monumentally beautiful

6. tintinmugshot's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

7. Superfrog's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

Possibly my favourite Richardson till now. Camera is playful as hell doing all it can to distract yhou from what is really going on, photography is stunning, specially the shooting of the main character, engaging acting(except for the mother's boyfirend who is a bit disappointing). The script is not conceptually strong but supports delivery of the rest adequately while covering important subjects.

8. alimcintyre's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

Eee, it's grim oop north, so is this depressing film.

9. llamil's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

Oh Manchester… so much to answer for.

10. Steve G.'s rating of the film A Taste of Honey

Do you really think she'll pull through?

11. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

To watch this is to fall into the deepest realms of "back bedroom casualty" Morrissey's mind. "I've got nothing to wear" & "I dreamt about you last night, fell out of bed twice" are just a couple of lines immortalised by the Mancunian wordsmith. Beyond being a pleasure for all Smiths' fans, the film is a benchmark for 'Kitchen Sink' dramas. Wonderful scenery, brilliant performance & a remarkable script from Delaney.

12. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

"We don't ask for life we have it thrust upon us." Gritty and direct. A brilliant film, poignantly capturing stories and life cycles that are mostly forgotten or ignored. Beautiful.

13. 'king Harold's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

Dora Bryan is like my mother in law, bloody horrendous. 18 bob for a pair of Italian shoes. Attitudes to gay and black people seem more modern then than they do now with all the patronising shit that goes on.

14. Tja's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

Depressing and brilliant evocation of the early 60's for LGBT and other working class Manchester teens. Smell the damp. I need a hot shower.

15. FISCHER's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

Oeuvre fortement représentative du renouveau attendu d'un certain cinéma britannique de l'époque, vieillissant et suranné. Une réalisation charnière d'un courant cinématographique "nouvelle vague" baptisé "free cinéma" dont les principaux "porte-images" furent Richardson, Reisz, Anderson et Schlesinger. www.cinefiches.fr

16. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

I was expecting something akin to Italian Neorealism with the British New Wave, and while there are shades of that (what with all the working class struggles and what not), this is certainly its own thing. What struck me most was how incredibly daring it is about topics such as race and sexuality.

17. Aardsy's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

18. Barrett.'s rating of the film A Taste of Honey

I love how great the script is, the dialogue is masterfully authentic and captures the time and place perfectly.

19. oooooo's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

20. marco's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

21. Kendrick L. W.'s rating of the film A Taste of Honey

surprisingly progressive for the stealthily reactionary New Wave

22. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

Shelagh Delaney was one of the "Angry Young People",who helped change Post War Britain into the "Brave New World" of the 1960's.Along with director Tony Richardson,she developed her play into a prime example of "English New Wave "Cinema.Later snobbishly described as "Kitchen Sink Drama/Realism.The film blends brilliantly a tale of youth,class,race and sexuality,into a piece not only of its time,but our time as well!

23. Droog811's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

A fantastic example of British Kitchen Sink film making. A Northern English girl becomes pregnant by a sailor that soon has to leave. Living on her own because her domineering mother has kicked her out, she soon becomes friends with a gay young man that wants to help her. Of course, things don't end well when her annoying mother returns.

24. Jp Diaz's rating of the film A Taste of Honey

found this on the website called youtube, suck it mubi.