1. mayainmotion's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

Difficult to watch, a child's hearteache magnified by the inevitable loss of innocence from growing up too soon. Their eyes though, they glaze over you like kiln in a fire

2. muh.'s rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

things like these make me hate myself for complaining about things and generally feeling sorry for myself. i don't like me now.

3. bohemiancat's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

80 dakikasıyla bünyeye taş gibi oturan film.

4. Gokce Gursoz's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

5. Nicholas Kohut's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

An unsettling tale of perseverance through unprecedented social pressures, A Time For Drunken Horses tells the story of Iranian youths who cross the treacherous Iraq border on a regular basis to scrape up enough money for their crippled brother to get surgery. I've never seen something so unique and absurd as men liquoring up horses to make such a grueling journey more bearable -- you can't make this up!

6. Anna's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

This film tore me apart. Sometimes I felt like I could not continue watching because it was too powerful. If there is such thing as love in this world, then it is captured here perfectly, in all its rigid details.

7. MicheleMpls's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

Wonderful story! The child actors are thoroughly engaging, I was drawn in by the stark lives shaped by border smuggling and ongoing armed conflict. Recommended!

8. Lexi Bass's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

9. Collin's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

Brutal filmmaking; frequent touches of neo realism and Herzogian intimacy, with mostly diegetic sound and an interloper camera, all brings this intense, if brief, story into an internalized experience.

10. Sam Shapiro's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

11. Fredi :)'s rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

"I love you so much, Madi."

12. Nick Gaetano's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

4 1/2_intense & insane_these kids live in hell and they are amazing_really well done & beautiful in a totally bizarre way_the world is so fucked up

13. Weston Campbell's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

A simple tale of human survival against nature and man set against a powerfully bleak landscape.

14. mgaspa's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

Very impressive film. People carryng very hard lives filmed in its real environement with a high

15. Stephen Suelzle's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

I am really glad that I saw this movie. Everyone, especially the young people, felt very real. I checked the listing a couple of times to make sure it wasn't a documentary. Because it was simply done, and full of emotions you could really tell how the children cared for each other, especially Madi. I especially liked Ayoub's dedication and the younger sister's mothering. They really acted like real parents.

16. chanandre's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

Love that title. Have yet to see this. Saw the trailer back when this premiered here. Still haven't bumped into it, recently, which is a shame.

17. filippo's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

documentarismo militante e la grande dignità neorealista iraniana, sono i bambini curdi i più belli del cinema.

18. Andrea Lazzaroni's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

19. pedro eira's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

it is a very sad story, emotionally. And very well portrayed. But the main reason why I gave 4 stars is because I still do not know how the "players" can "represent" as well with the presence of the camera. Gives a full sense that there is no camera, that the camera is our eyes. That WE who are there.

20. Aram's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

21. danliofer's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

Unforgettable... Iranian cinema in its purely high quality...

22. Rui Tenreiro's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

23. All Is Grace's rating of the film A Time for Drunken Horses

Too sensational (Ghobadi's signature), but still, a great film. 5 stars.