1. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film A Tree in Tanjung Malim

2. Nachtreich's rating of the film A Tree in Tanjung Malim

3. I0000days's rating of the film A Tree in Tanjung Malim

Niște malaiezieni care se plimbă pe stradă și apoi se duc în Eden la o cafea ca să se joace de-a Europenii și ei vai ce drăguț.

4. Joshuah's rating of the film A Tree in Tanjung Malim

Tan Chui Mui, what the hell do you know? <3

5. Who told you this room exists?'s rating of the film A Tree in Tanjung Malim

reflections upon youth, insecurity, loss, disillusion, escape, innocence and hope, all are encapsulated in this 24 minute short film. absurdly poetic.

6. T.J. Royal's rating of the film A Tree in Tanjung Malim

A nutshell on the unfulfilled intentions of desire, pensiveness in the presence of potential affection, and the unintended (positive and negative) consequences of not getting exactly where we want to go when we want to, not getting exactly what we want when we want it. Nicely done.

7. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film A Tree in Tanjung Malim

For me the best of Tan Chui Muis "short film trilogy ... thing". Not only in content but it also seems to be the most complete regarding style and aesthetic identity. She has a gift for subtlety exposing the importance of short moments in life that sometimes appear trivial or uneventful. This film for me is her most complete film so far (as well as clearly being her most personal).