1. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

The first truly notable film in history. Not great, but certainly charming.

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

In my complacency I had assumed that I had already watched it all through. I had not! Still delights over a century later, managing to be at once magisterial and very silly. Visually it's like a 'Little Nemo in Slumberland' strip come to life. Sets you to dreaming.

3. zotibaws's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

4. captainfez's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

I, for one, lament science's current neglect of the wizard's cap.

5. MistaRichard's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

Boundlessly imaginative. A film not only demonstrating Méliès' genius (which it so clearly does), but also reminding us of one of the most shameless thefts ever perpetrated. I am almost tempted to say Edison should've been hung for that.

6. lou.'s rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

When the whole VFX circus started. What an intuition, Georges! Simply loved it. [https://youtu.be/Be3m8eetfjk]

7. tri ...'s rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

Historical moment for cinematography

8. emmber's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

9. Jannik Jannik's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

10. runfromfire's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

We owe so much of cinema to this tiny flick that 5-stars almost seems too few. Having this restored and available for my daughters to see 115 years after it was made is fucking nuts. Also, how 'bout that new soundtrack by Air? I dig it.

11. Malt Frisky's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

The beginning of science fiction and special effects going hand in hand, bringing that first sense of wonder and imagination to the silver screen of film goers. Sure it's basic but in 1902 this was the Micheal Bay of it's time (but with a better plot). And if you took the computer away from current film makers and ask them to try something similar they would struggle to figure out even the basics of where to start.

12. ceknklsn's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

49/100 (115 yıl öncesine göre karşılaştırabileceğim bir örnek yok belki. Yinede sinema sanatına yaptığı katkılardan dolayı büyük saygı duyuyorum. Ama sadece bu. Fazlası değil. Hele ki bu puanlar hiç değil.)

13. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

It was pretty silly. But remember, it was 1902, and it's a science fiction film! And not to mention the first thing the voyagers do on the moon was sleeping. HEROES AF.

14. Arf's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

15. Elia Canevascini's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

Si facevano di roba potente a quei tempi

16. vordven's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

17. smithnr466@gmail.com's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

18. Freude's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

I wonder how much laughing gas was involved in this one.. this sure is quite a trip! love that Air score!

19. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

20. truffraud's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

AIR soundtrack ✔️ circus-y color scheme ✔️ dreamscape feel ✔️

21. vxpl's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon

i have a personal relationship with this movie

22. Trunfos's rating of the film A Trip to the Moon