1. FISCHER's rating of the film A Very Private Affair

Excellente analyse-spectacle sur le thème du vedettariat, correctement servie par le mythe Bardot, et ses corollaires exhibitionniste et fétichiste... www.cinefiches.com

2. Dombl's rating of the film A Very Private Affair

It took a while till I find into this movie, because, I think, it is really different to the films of Malle I have seen so far. After half an hour the film got a bit better for me. It think, it also was because I just get a terrible dubbed german version of it. Maybe the film has more power in the original version. But for sure, not the first choice to be introduced into Malle's oeuvre!

3. Melissa Arcelia's rating of the film A Very Private Affair

Such a marvelous ending!, it made the whole movie for me.

4. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film A Very Private Affair

el contraste entre lo rodado en interiores y exteriores es brutal. los últimos en italia son frescor absoluto. una más para el ciclo cine en el cine

5. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film A Very Private Affair

As with many French New Wave films, I spent much of the running time going back and forth on whether I admired or was annoyed by it. It certainly has a unique style - with it's narration and disjointed storytelling. But the core of the film is hollow, Brigitte Bardot and Marcello Mastroianni develop zero chemistry. Stylish and Interesting, but unsatisfying.

6. ophulsian__'s rating of the film A Very Private Affair

It was frustrating to see the collaboration between one of my favorite directors and my favorite actor fall as flat as this one did. However, the print I watched was horribly dubbed into English, so I look forward to revisiting this with the original French; until then, 2 stars from me. Bad chemistry between Mastroianni and Bardot, but the last 30 minutes or so in Italy was beautifully shot and worth watching.