1. janice.hughes's rating of the film A War

This war film set in Afghanistan recounts the painful and complex dilemmas that confront the Danish commander (Pilou Asbæk) when he is asked to protect children from the Taliban and to make snap decisions under fire to save his own team. One patrol leads to a courtroom trial after the deaths of 11 civilians. Pilou works well again with renowned director Tobias Lindholm Director of Borgen. Game of Thrones next ...

2. Florencja Bandini's rating of the film A War

3. pancake lizard's rating of the film A War

Tobias Lindholm has such an intense and uncompromising need to ruin Pilou Asbæk's life every couple of years, it's really admirable.

4. Rugpjute's rating of the film A War

5. Charlotte Tillieux's rating of the film A War

3.5 for this war drama questioning moral choices without being sentimental, heroic or perverse.

6. Matt Richards's rating of the film A War

A mature, well scripted examination of primary need, protection and loyalty and how willing we are to re-script our narrative truth in order to serve our best interests. By focussing on the human, individual level Lindholm makes a crystal clear political statement on the self interest of countries at war. Excellent casting and superb performances from Pilou Asbæk and Tuva Novotny. 4 stars recommended.

7. Nadin's rating of the film A War

The premise was very promising, but I felt that the filmmaker didn't explore the psychological side of the disturbing events adequately. Maybe the film needed a little more time to do exactly this. More on my website: http://is.gd/ryKy21

8. Ronja's rating of the film A War

9. sigit pre's rating of the film A War

Lagi lagi ngomongin kemanusiaan di waktu yang ga tepat.

10. Henrique Amud's rating of the film A War

Pilou Asbæk give a stellar performance and I really liked how the story flows without much of a hitch, but I find it hard to be invested in yet another afghan war film that ain't bringing nothing new to the table.

11. Justwibi's rating of the film A War

for a first half movie, I think this is just like American Sniper but this is more than you think. very interesting, solid and powerful!

12. Sophie Wilson Wardman's rating of the film A War

13. Diego Carrera's rating of the film A War

This film suffers from the "American Sniper" Syndrome, which makes it difficult for us to find out if it's astoundingly despicable or just superficial.

14. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film A War

Unpretentious, unfussy, and never beyond the limits of reasonable, “A War” evolves in a crescendo, exhibiting perfectly-shaped human characters molded through a rigorous approach...

15. -REM-'s rating of the film A War

16. Erik Skantze's rating of the film A War

This movie has a great pace with both physical action on the battelfield as well as emotional action in the second act back in Denmark following the aftermath of the battle. I love how the story movies slowly and lets us get to know the inner life of the characters. Beautiful sound design from Morten Green and the rest of the sound crew. War have never felt so real.

17. Maximilian Yoshioka's rating of the film A War