1. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

2. Richard Tines's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

A woman is a woman is a woman. Is a masterpiece. I can't remember the last time i had so much simple fun watching a movie, and I'm sure the cast and crew had just as much of a blast making it (hopefully)...a series of romantic, comic, musical, visual ellipses, like the battle of the sexes explored by Duchamp...superlatives galore!

3. bingbongjones's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

4. RoRoRoro's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

5. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

6. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

7. SpacePirate's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Godard's most charming film, and perhaps Karina's best role (Pierrot Le Fou is close for me). The musical numbers all sparkle, and Belmondo provides great support. Probably the most instantly enjoyable Godard outside of Breathless, its a shame the criterion went OOP. Oh well. When you see it, you'll never forget it. 5 easy stars

8. m00njaguar's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Godard, for me, is hit or miss. This one is a semi-hit. I like, as usual his palette of primary colors & Ana Karina. And that this "musical" has zero singing, but in fact functions instead as an exaggerated sporadic soundtrack, serving to supplement the dialog. Clever, but the plot itself & the characters were its weak points

9. laura's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

iffy on the portrayal of women but still loved it

10. Fab S's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Un Godard qui nous livre une quasi-comédie musicale (il y a la musique certes mais pas la danse) A.Karina et son accent danois sublime. Extrêmement original et n'a pas pris une ride Une réussite

11. Lily Parmenter's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

I will probably continue to watch this movie throughout my life. Seeing it first when I was 16, and again ten years later, I can see clearly how this film influenced me over the years. This film introduced me Anna Karina's radiant beauty as well as Godard's groundbreaking style, and their chemistry is obviously explosive! It is a film so full of joy and beauty, but also melancholy and reflection. I love it so much!

12. Samuel Wells's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

This film is magical. Iconic even for Godard. The pacing of the wit is blistering slipping in jokes and moving along yet still finding time to literally wink to the camera. It is remarkably rewarding for the audience. It bends genres and forms new ones. All the while it hits on gender roles decades ahead of its time. It is a rare film that is able to encompass seemingly everything. Everyone moment is perfection.

13. Ben Loory's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

I like when they carry the lamp across the room

14. chaospress's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Fun stuff. Masterfully crafted, still fresh and innovative more than a half century later. Anna is exquisitely delightful.

15. Loz Loory's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Pretty thin plot-wise, but the delicious, witty dialogue and playful acting by the three lead characters carry the film. Wonderfully sly meta references to various story genres. Loved the sets and costumes with the red, white, and blue theme. Loved the silent book cover conversations. Loved Belmondo saying he had to get home to watch "Breathless" on TV.

16. Wee Hunk's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Godard does a buddy cop movie. The world cheers. The movie is hard to follow because of the random use of sound. After 30 minutes the cops get bored of chasing the criminals. One of them paints his face blue and they end up going to a cafe to smoke and discuss wolves in 'A Thousand Plateaus'. Anna Karina is at a table nearby and she says, “How stupid, you can’t be one wolf, you’re always eight or nine, six or seven”

17. G.'s rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

The pure flashes of brilliance amidst the chaos are worth more than entire other films; also, the trailer for this is so damn cool.

18. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

19. David R Williams's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Run Doris Day and Rock Hudson through some strange 60s French Nouvelle Vague machinery and you might end up with something like this.

20. Slappy McGee's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

These French New Wave films are just not for me. I find them annoying, pretentious and completely cloying. In this film, the sound is so distracting and badly used that I just couldn't get past it. It was awful, utterly awful. I get that it was an experiment of sorts... but it was big, ol' fat fail for me. I'll keep trying... but, for me, there is almost zero entertainment value in this type of French cinema.

21. Luca Angelini's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

22. Jeff Heinzl's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

All comedy and all tragedy, 'A Woman Is a Woman' is about the seeming impossibility of conversation in the context of a musical. The songs are too loud, the reactions too soft; everything is cut short (the game, the dinner) and returns (the egg, the camera). The film makes visible the genre's crooked seams without quite knowing what to do with them but tease and joke. Still, it reveals: a searing light, a record.

23. apriccot's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

24. P D Dawson's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Another wonderful Godard film, the man really could do no wrong in the sixties. His films are always so cleverly put together and slightly off centre. This is Godard in a playful mood with his own take on a musical. And of course, this is nothing like you'd expect from a musical. With the playful jesting of the lovers at the heart of this film, there is also a rather sad truth hiding underneath the colourful exterior