1. Daishi's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

2. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

It's really hard to talk about that film. As one man put it (about another film) it is a love letter to love. Godard was so full of ideas!

3. Benjamin Reid's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Godard is working at the height of his stylistic and comedic talents. The fights with the book covers and the pose contests are fun and ridiculous. This film misses perfection for me though because Karina's character's immediate desire for a baby (though perhaps edgy at its time for being out of wedlock) comes off as a bit too silly. As an unapologetic woman flaunting her sexuality though, she is a great character.

4. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

5. hubertguillaud's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

A revoir Une femme est une femme, on se demande pourquoi cette folie a disparu du cinéma. Où est-elle passée ? Que nous est-il arrivé pour que nous ne sachions plus faire des films pareils à ceux-ci ? Pourquoi le réalisme a-t-il tout colonisé pour ne produire rien d'autre que de l'ennui. Où s'est enfuie la poésie ?...

6. Ximena Rubio's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Lo que me parece horrible, es estar con un chico y pensar en otro..

7. Leroy Martin's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

8. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

8/10 Godard ti voglio bene per davvero

9. nicolecahali's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

fotografia maravilhosa, cheia de tons vermelhos e detalhes em vermelho e eu amo isso. achei bem teatral e a trilha muito louca e divertida colocada de forma não muito convencional. gostei.

10. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

11. aurkihnowe's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

A woman is a woman is a woman. Is a masterpiece. I can't remember the last time i had so much simple fun watching a movie, and I'm sure the cast and crew had just as much of a blast making it (hopefully)...a series of romantic, comic, musical, visual ellipses, like the battle of the sexes explored by Duchamp...superlatives galore!

12. bingbongjones's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

13. RoRoRoro's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

14. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

15. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

16. SpacePirate's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Godard's most charming film, and perhaps Karina's best role (Pierrot Le Fou is close for me). The musical numbers all sparkle, and Belmondo provides great support. Probably the most instantly enjoyable Godard outside of Breathless, its a shame the criterion went OOP. Oh well. When you see it, you'll never forget it. 5 easy stars

17. m00njaguar's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Godard, for me, is hit or miss. This one is a semi-hit. I like, as usual his palette of primary colors & Ana Karina. And that this "musical" has zero singing, but in fact functions instead as an exaggerated sporadic soundtrack, serving to supplement the dialog. Clever, but the plot itself & the characters were its weak points

18. laura's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

iffy on the portrayal of women but still loved it

19. Fab S's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Un Godard qui nous livre une quasi-comédie musicale (il y a la musique certes mais pas la danse) A.Karina et son accent danois sublime. Extrêmement original et n'a pas pris une ride Une réussite

20. Lily Parmenter's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

I will probably continue to watch this movie throughout my life. Seeing it first when I was 16, and again ten years later, I can see clearly how this film influenced me over the years. This film introduced me Anna Karina's radiant beauty as well as Godard's groundbreaking style, and their chemistry is obviously explosive! It is a film so full of joy and beauty, but also melancholy and reflection. I love it so much!

21. Samuel Wells's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

This film is magical. Iconic even for Godard. The pacing of the wit is blistering slipping in jokes and moving along yet still finding time to literally wink to the camera. It is remarkably rewarding for the audience. It bends genres and forms new ones. All the while it hits on gender roles decades ahead of its time. It is a rare film that is able to encompass seemingly everything. Everyone moment is perfection.

22. Ben Loory's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

I like when they carry the lamp across the room

23. chaospress's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Fun stuff. Masterfully crafted, still fresh and innovative more than a half century later. Anna is exquisitely delightful.

24. Loz Loory's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Pretty thin plot-wise, but the delicious, witty dialogue and playful acting by the three lead characters carry the film. Wonderfully sly meta references to various story genres. Loved the sets and costumes with the red, white, and blue theme. Loved the silent book cover conversations. Loved Belmondo saying he had to get home to watch "Breathless" on TV.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7