1. Slappy McGee's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

These French New Wave films are just not for me. I find them annoying, pretentious and completely cloying. In this film, the sound is so distracting and badly used that I just couldn't get past it. It was awful, utterly awful. I get that it was an experiment of sorts... but it was big, ol' fat fail for me. I'll keep trying... but, for me, there is almost zero entertainment value in this type of French cinema.

2. Luca Angelini's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

3. Jeff Heinzl's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

All comedy and all tragedy, 'A Woman Is a Woman' is about the seeming impossibility of conversation in the context of a musical. The songs are too loud, the reactions too soft; everything is cut short (the game, the dinner) and returns (the egg, the camera). The film makes visible the genre's crooked seams without quite knowing what to do with them but tease and joke. Still, it reveals: a searing light, a record.

4. apriccot's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

5. P D Dawson's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Another wonderful Godard film, the man really could do no wrong in the sixties. His films are always so cleverly put together and slightly off centre. This is Godard in a playful mood with his own take on a musical. And of course, this is nothing like you'd expect from a musical. With the playful jesting of the lovers at the heart of this film, there is also a rather sad truth hiding underneath the colourful exterior

6. Noritaka Kawashima's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Lovely music, edit, conversation, Movie!!

7. .Diana.'s rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

8. FISCHER's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Une femme désire avoir un enfant de son amant libraire qui prétexte des moyens financiers médiocres pour refuser. Elle lui propose de choisir leur meilleur ami pour le rôle de géniteur ..... www.cinefiches.com

9. Cătălin, HiperCristalin's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

and a shitty director is a shitty director

10. AdrianM.'s rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

11. choupinet's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

The problem with Godard, for me, is, that I get more fascinated and astonished by the way Anna Karina dresses than his actual movies, which is probably the reason why I rate this movie 3/5. Silly, but it's the truth nonetheless.

12. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

For now, I haven't been able to come to terms with this film.

13. s.birowo's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

I found myself in a fairly congenial setting

14. das Kino's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Saw this film uncannily after an analysis done on color theory and its application in film. Monsieur Goddard's first use of cinemascope, stylistically, the visuals inspired immediacy. Though the story would suffice without the arbitrary musical outbursts.

15. truffraud's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

PSA: pretty much every scene in this movie will peel away a little bit of your existential cynicism.

16. Chris's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

i don't think godard is for me, but i'll keep trying...

17. grotescsetorg's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

18. opandadodavid's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

19. cinegeek.de's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Our Daily Free Stream: ...Einige Ideen, wie die einzelnen Kapitel oder der Einwurf von dicken Überschriften während des Films gefielen mir so wie die Einlage, wenn Angela und Emile aufhören, zu sprechen und stattdessen Bücher mit ihren Dialogen hochhalten....

20. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Godard once more pulls out his creative genius to stretch the male-female dynamic to an extreme. Stylistically it is a delicious film to watch and I have to admit at times it is hilarious and very off beat. The characters are a little hollow though. Watch it for what it is, light entertainment Godardified.

21. Ethan's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

This film has great energy but it is not a solid film. It has some really great moments but mostly it falls flat. Watch it for the cameos and inside jokes.

22. HALLENSLEBEN's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

j'avais oublié à quel point c'était fabuleux

23. Sydney Burdick's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

24. Erklgh's rating of the film A Woman Is a Woman

Godard no es para todos...

← Previous 1 3 4 5