1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

While intended as a centerpiece for Edna Purviance it ends up being the film's sleazy playboy villain that takes the limelight from her with his charming yet sly smile as he hunts down women for his nightly prey. It ends strong and show a dramatic side of Chaplin that he would use effectively in his comedies later on but never again in a melodramatic films like in this stand-alone box-office failure.

2. Morten Halskov Jensen's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

19.9.18, så filmen med Karin. Herlig film, men ikke den bedste Chaplin-film. Chaplin er sket ikke med i filmen. Fin gammel film.

3. Aardsy's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

4. Renton47's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

Programmed by Melbourne Cinematheque with a Lubitsch film, showing Chaplin under the influence. I may be haste in my derision, I found the milieu unpleasant and the compositions fairly rudimentary only to then be schooled by Liv Ullmann in my DVD extras. Perhaps I attributed a moral governance to the time rather than film, awakening to its levelled depictions of these complicated lives.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

Seul mélodrame de Chaplin, excellent ! www.cinefiches.com

6. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

This is the type of movie men who hate women think they're enlightened and don't for disliking.

7. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

8. RoRoRoro's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

Chaplin tries to be Lubitsch and almost pulls it off. Good little film. 3.5 stars

10. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

"Do you think it would've been interesting if Chaplin had played this part himself?" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015_09_01_archive.html

11. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

Chaplin haciendo aviso de que es su primer drama (no risas, no protagonizándolo). Su discurso, sin embargo, está omnipresente. El director no abandona su cine comprometido, uno que, por ejemplo, no duda en burlarse de lo sofisticado o castiga la amoralidad de su protagonista principal. Eso último es tal vez el talón de Aquiles de la película; hay una sobrecarga de drama y un cierre redentor de cuento de hadas.

12. AdrianM.'s rating of the film A Woman of Paris

13. João Eça's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

Chaplin's melodramatic moralism... If only it was a Lubitsch film...

14. espaçonimas's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

Mais um domingo mais uma sessão do ciclo Cinema Familiar. O grande Charlie Chaplin volta à tela do Nimas, este domingo, dia 19, às 15h30, desta vez com "OPINIÃO PÚBLICA" ("A WOMAN OF PARIS"). Preço único de 4 euros e em projecção 35mm. Todos ao Nimas!

15. Andréanne Andi Dion's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

The acting is surprisingly natural for such an early feature.

16. O. Andersong's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

Enjoyed it as my first Chaplin tragedy, but the lack of a central sympathetic character brought it down for me. I don't necessarily miss the Tramp, but poor forlorn Jean Millet was the only character I attached to, and he was absent most of the time.

17. saiths's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

a tale of death, love and regret. in that order. chaplin once again doesn't disappoint and i'm mostly convinced he can do no wrong.

18. AKFilmFan's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

Not your typical melodrama. Chaplin does great behind the camera with this vehicle for Purviance despite it garnering more success for Menjou. Great cameo of Chaplin as a railroad station porter.

19. soiwaswrong's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

My first Chaplin experience (I mean Chaplin as a Director) .... And it was awesome..

20. Michael Harbour's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

A solid drama about the dangers of being "sophisticated". Dramas of mundane existence didn't seem to find their voice, so to speak, until the advent of sound in cinema. It's just an extremely difficult genre to execute successfully in silent film, depending as it does more on dialogue than the more melodramatic action, spectacle, and comedy which made for successful silent films.

21. chanandre's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

[Cinémathèque PT #492: 35 mm] (2007)

22. Dave's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

Actually an incredibly good drama/tragedy from Chaplin. I am amazed that he made this in 1923, at the height of his selling power as the biggest movie star on the planet. It's not as good as the comedies he starred in, but it is high quality stuff.

23. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film A Woman of Paris

Charles Chaplin is not the star of this, his first serious drama. It's a silent film but Chaplin's direction of actors is so good that they don't overact, all seems very natural. the story is full of controversial or indecent themes for the time it was made (rebellious children, sex outside matrimony, women's lib). A very subtle novelty, as Chaplin said "it's all about how men and women tend to hide their emotions"