1. Luca Di Gianni's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

2. Masoud Einabadi's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

3. -Firebird's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

There is an aspect in the film - domestic abuse, which probably remains unreflected.

4. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

One of the first films in a while (the other being You Were Never Really Here) that lingered in my mind through to the next day (as I'm writing it here on my break at work...) Rowlands and Falk are so complex and layered in their performances, and I love the grey area between what is improvised and what is written/directed/planned. Great, great film. Flying straight to the top of my Best of the 1970s list.

5. Ralphesque's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

"Come on, girls. Die for Mr. Jensen."

6. lbunuel's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

Nothing I can say would do this masterpiece any justice.

7. Pedro Ramos's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

8. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

9. Marta's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

10. narcekirdegi's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

definitions of "gaslightning", "electra syndrome", "oedipal syndrome" and so on so on... and always th kids are the first ones who detect the "nuts".

11. postblueink's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

12. ijol's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

Gena Rowlands deserved all the awards she was nominated. The endeavor this film went to portray how mental illness is treated by society is triumphant. Watching this makes me feel like the society is crazier than the mental illness itself.

13. Ghostman's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

A very emotional experience. A biting work of art that rails against the oppression women face by men, the family, & society as well as how men repeat cycles of oppression even when they think they're trying to stop it. Rowlands & Falk are acting legends. Cassavettes, one of the realest auteurs of cinema. Authentic to the bone. One of the best of the 70s & ever. A milestone in independent film. Saw it at MOMA on film

14. jewelsofglory's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

There is only a rare selection of films that depict psychotic breakdowns as truthfully and as humanly as this one. This incredible film is top tier New Hollywood and validates why I love the movement so much.

15. Ben Nash's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

16. FISCHER's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

Un des films les plus bouleversants jamais tournés. Une douloureuse merveille où Gena Rowlands éclate de beauté et de talent, dans ce drame humain de la dépression... www.cinefiches.com

17. MisterColo93's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

18. Eric Clapp's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

My God. Gena Rowlands is spectacular!

19. pintobean's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

The whole film is just watching this very, very dysfunctional family breathe and it's excellent. Gena Rowlands and Peter Falk are inimitable. "Bravo! Bravo! Come on, they just died for you!"

20. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

Explosive, non-stop chaotic performances. The characters in this film, as unlikable as they can be, beg you to root for them. Gena Rowlands is the high point of the film.

21. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

The truest depiction of the struggles within the complicated mind.

22. Danny Mansfield's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

Like watching something you feel as though you shouldn't be watching. The in-your-face cinematography coupled with the stupendous acting (especially by Gena Rowlands), gives a haunting yet intriguing look at mental health and family life in the 1970s.

23. ________b's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

24. Enkiled's rating of the film A Woman Under the Influence

Couldn't finish it, tried 3 times. It's too linear, there is no progress made with the characters, and it just becomes a burden to watch any further. Could've been really good, but then again, if my auntie had a dick, she would be my uncle.