1. worldviewed's rating of the film Aaltra

An absurd, funny, and profound fable in the spirit of Aki Kaurismäki (who has actually a small part at the end). Beautiful black an white images, and carefully crafted shots build this road story of two characters that resist in the face of all generosity by remaining some incurable jerks.

2. mpho3's rating of the film Aaltra

"I see you know with my equipment well." I was ready to drop this to 2 stars (the style of humor doesn't resonate with me) but the payoff at the end is worth another star, especially when coupled with De Kervern's performance, Didier Wampas's closing credits track, and the dedication to French anarchist Albert Libertad who had no use of his legs, but wielded his crutches like weapons!

3. David R Williams's rating of the film Aaltra

A bleak black comedy concerning the misadventures of two wheelchair bound paralyzed from the waist down assholes. Damn funny.

4. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Aaltra

5. Thom Slattery's rating of the film Aaltra

What a wonderfully dark yet fun "buddy" flick. These 2 characters turn from obnoxious neighbors to jerks-in-arm after tragedy befalls them. Newly confined to wheelchairs, they seem more interested in giving life the middle finger than actually improving their lives.

6. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Aaltra

A film predicated on how terrible a character can start as, Aaltra is distractingly concerned with setting up the characters and overplays the characters in the opening scenes. It sets up the rest of the film to feel forced an tropy, rather than giving the characters the room to breath. It also appears to be set in the past from the filming style, but is set in modern day A minor complaint, but it further distracted.

7. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Aaltra

Case study: how you make the tired buddy road comedy trope work?

8. Ryan Theodores's rating of the film Aaltra

A tense, wickedly funny film.

9. John Tuohy's rating of the film Aaltra

Just hilarious. I loved it!

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Aaltra

They got the tone just right. Very funny.

11. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Aaltra

It's the midnight of dark comedies.

12. Ikuo Nakamura's rating of the film Aaltra

I could not stop laughing..

13. Gnostalgick's rating of the film Aaltra

14. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Aaltra

Sunny!!! hahah These two guys are too much fun. Excellent!!

15. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Aaltra

Our Daily Free Stream: Aaltra. Als ich Aaltra für unsere Videothek auspackte, kannte ich nur eine Person, die den Film gesehen hatte: Meinen Partner Skulli. Ich legte die DVD rein und ein Bild genügte: Aaltra war definitiv etwas für mich!(...) mehr auf cinegeek.de

16. Albrecht B. Christoph's rating of the film Aaltra

Gehört zu meinen absoluten Lieblingsfilmen. Wäre mal ein Kandidat, den Mubi jährlich zeigen könnte.

17. Admir U Gomila Nacrta's rating of the film Aaltra

18. Umut Yüksel's rating of the film Aaltra

I need to see it right away :)))))))

19. DimitrisM's rating of the film Aaltra

20. Rusty Swagger's rating of the film Aaltra

Hilarious! Had almost nearly as many laughs the second viewing as I did the first. Loves me a good ol' dark and dead pan comedy. Some of the gags in this stuck with me for days!

21. rian's rating of the film Aaltra

you can easily love Aaltra if you likes Kaurismaki

22. michael_furey's rating of the film Aaltra

This movie is marvellous. Couldn't stop laughing.