1. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film About Alex

As a mumblecore drama, it's pretty good, but we've seen it all before. The actors did a very good job, I just wish the characters had a little more depth, instead they came across as self-absorbed and unlikeable bougie douches. It's still a pretty solid first feature.

2. cansu m's rating of the film About Alex

great cast but it's time to end this extremely typical indie dramedies imo

3. Jørgen Lien's rating of the film About Alex

4. nargs_au's rating of the film About Alex

It's like John Hughes never left but turned into a dark twisted old man who directs films to mentally fuck us up.

5. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film About Alex

these movies r what i keep my netflix for cos i am a sap

6. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film About Alex

it wasnt terrible but it wasnt very good either. can we have one film where everyone isnt classically attractive, witty, and ridiculously bougie?

7. RENO NISMARA.'s rating of the film About Alex

the film starts well. but unfortunately, the compliment ends there.

8. dave gunn's rating of the film About Alex

I'm beginning to grow tired of the now cliche premise of old friends reuniting around a tragic event and drama erupting. However, this was still a pretty good rehash of such a plot, packed with a lot of emotion. I was also pleased to see that maybe Aubrey Plaza has range as an actress.

9. Evan Schafer's rating of the film About Alex

Aside from the obvious comparison that must be made to the '80s classic The Big Chill, this film has its own stroke of originality that is hard to match in modern cinema. Each of the characters is distinctly their own, and that is what engages the viewer so much. The performances are also spot on, and the writing is sharp. Definitely one of those pictures you will watch out of habit over and over again. Excellent.

10. ladysnaggle's rating of the film About Alex