1. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film About Schmidt

Flaws here and there but in the end, very emotionally touching. Just like what Woody Allen said, life is divided up into the miserable and the horrible. This is the miserable. This could be us, now or in the future.

2. Blue Roses's rating of the film About Schmidt

3. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film About Schmidt

i like more the asshole parts of Jack in this movie.

4. smndvdcl's rating of the film About Schmidt

One of Alexander Payne's unsung triumphs.

5. Ethan's rating of the film About Schmidt

This film is what would have happened if Jack Nicholson's character in Five Easy Pieces had stayed with Karen Black instead of going to Alaska.

6. ammar's rating of the film About Schmidt

7. Selena's rating of the film About Schmidt

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film About Schmidt

A room full of "participant" ribbons-- this image has entered my private cinematic notebook.

9. JasonAv's rating of the film About Schmidt

10. DaisyJ's rating of the film About Schmidt

Funny and sad. About a recent widower who tries to find meaning...or what's left of it.

11. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film About Schmidt

12. Jessica Venturelli's rating of the film About Schmidt

13. Mariana Branco's rating of the film About Schmidt

A touching, mind-blowing tale to the ones who once thought loneliness would never show up. "Once I am dead and everyone who knew me dies too, it will be as though I never existed."

14. paul oram's rating of the film About Schmidt

The grooms mother feeding him soup and describing whats really important in a marriage, oh boy, i nearly wet myself. Whats not to like about this film. Its totally honest and genuine in its portrayal of our journey into the last part of our lives, filled with doubt, regrets and a need to feel it was worth something. My family and I sponsor a child in Africa ourselves - its about time we wrote to them i think.

15. Riicko Gillini's rating of the film About Schmidt

i really liked this film..its genuine humanity, no part of the story is over emphasised to spark an unnescerary twist or sudden change of pace..i felt some areas of the film dragged however with subtle, awkward humour they were soon redeamed..Nicholson's dead pann gaze perfectly infaltrates his feelings of emptyness...oh an weirdness is never far away!! nice heartwarming end to a fairly sad story...

16. orangey's rating of the film About Schmidt

too in love with itself to get across any message...Nicholson' s character may be well developed but the at the end he has to deal with caricatures, a fact which ruins the whole flow of the film

17. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film About Schmidt

A poignant examination of loneliness (3.7/5)

18. CafeGradiva's rating of the film About Schmidt

19. Harry Rossi's rating of the film About Schmidt

Loved it. Just absolutely loved it. One of Jack Nicholson's best performances in his later years. The human touch and Ikiru influences in this film were beautiful. It was funny, sad and just all around movingl. The ending was so emotional it made me tear up. I have to say that after having seen most of Mr. Payne's films, I must say this is by far my favorite.

20. joey Noodles's rating of the film About Schmidt

Touching film, if a bit of a weird plot

21. Jessica McFarland's rating of the film About Schmidt

The acting and production value was good, but the story line just didn't do it for me. Just a strange plot that ended up feeling like a 2-hour commercial for sponsoring a child. Contrary to some of the other reviewers, I feel like this movie is VERY overrated. I was expecting greatness, and in the end I was just a little puzzled and let down. Maybe go into it with lower expectations...?

22. Tigrão's rating of the film About Schmidt

23. Samuel Dupont-Foisy's rating of the film About Schmidt

I feel like this movie is way underrated.

24. Freddie Sutton's rating of the film About Schmidt

Jack Nicholson's physical and largely mute performance is pure comedy gold. Alexander Payne's 9 year hiatus finally comes to and this year and can't come soon enough.