1. FISCHER's rating of the film Above and Below

Malgré certaines longueurs et quelques séquences surnuméraires, on ressent une véritable personnalité artistique dans cette approche en biais, jamais frontale d'une forme de misère existentielle, pleine de pudeur et de discrétion... www.cinefiches.com

2. Corriel's rating of the film Above and Below

Mildly interesting, scarcely informative, slightly stylish.

3. DanB3000's rating of the film Above and Below

A beautiful film about people who don't conform, I really enjoyed this. Thanks for making this film

4. DrFirestone's rating of the film Above and Below

Rare and interesting combination of art and documentary; a beautifully shot reminder of how easy it is to become redundant and excluded from our glamorous society, forgotten; and how many sensitive and talented people end up in the gutter. A film about our dreams, internal contradictions, confusion and finding our own way in life. Great soundtrack!

5. Steven Addison's rating of the film Above and Below

Superbly touching other-worldly beautiful movie ...

6. SiIencio's rating of the film Above and Below

A pretty insubstantial if experimental doc on glitter. The constant use of fancy filters by Steiner clashes with the subject matter. Disenfranchisement and exclusion do not blend well with arty digital techniques. And to some extend one questions how much Steiner is committed to the people in his film or instead he uses them as a form of ghetto voyeurism to score a few cheap points.

7. Superfrog's rating of the film Above and Below

A rare mix of documentary, art cinema and near psychedelic photography. What would for most directors be a pretentious and unpalatable mix in most cases manages to be a well balanced and extremely pleasant assembly. Also depicts lives that are rarely shown with no patronising, good, bad and mundane. Well recommended.

8. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Above and Below

Nice and interesting documentary-like drama on various marginal people. The film also has a dream-like story telling focusing on one person, then skipping to the other. There seems to be no real connection between them but their lives.

9. Paul and Wade's rating of the film Above and Below

3.8 Lots of compelling and really beautiful images in what is essentially a documentary. Plotless structure and predictable outcomes meant I couldn't sustain full interest for two hours.

10. captainfez's rating of the film Above and Below

Nicely shot tourism, but tourism nonetheless.

11. christophel's rating of the film Above and Below

Mouais. Sujet(s) intéressant(s), belles images, mais tellement poseur et naïf qu'il confine au toc hollywoodien.

12. Isabelle Hayeur's rating of the film Above and Below

13. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Above and Below

Great film. Amazing how resiliant and resourceful people can be when they need to be. Some lovely moments, and it was great when there were parallels between the individuals. Ping pong balls! Not a bed of roses though, I did feel that the more positive aspects of these lifestyles were shown, there must be some pretty bleak times too.

14. Philippe Dumez's rating of the film Above and Below

Mubi, dans sa description, oublie de préciser qu'il s'agit d'un documentaire. Le travail de suivi et de montage est impressionnant. J'ai une tendresse particulière pour la fille qui pense qu'elle se fera de nouveaux amis sur Mars. Une réserve cependant sur la durée : il y a certainement une demi-heure de trop.

15. Edith Doove's rating of the film Above and Below

What a bizar world we live in.

16. Selma Solberg's rating of the film Above and Below

I wonder how many suicides this movie has already generated.

17. Ludovic72's rating of the film Above and Below

Cet objet hybride - un documentaire structuré comme une fiction, en gros - est assez original dans sa façon de détailler certaines situations d'isolement. D'autre part, son esthétisme le rend fort agréable à regarder. Mais il est desservi par sa durée (90 minutes auraient bien suffi) et par son "allure cool et chic" finalement gênante, car trop déphasée des situations montrées.

18. Marcin Żuraw's rating of the film Above and Below

19. zi's rating of the film Above and Below

Nice, interesting, quite well done, but I don't consider this "mind blowing" anymore in days when we're contemplating the prospects of real, and great violence and turmoil in the world. It's fine.

20. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Above and Below

21. EEE333's rating of the film Above and Below

such a beautiful documentary, pleasing to the eye, ear and heart!!!

22. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film Above and Below