1. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Absentia

Early effort from the director of Oculus and Hush.

2. yasdnil's rating of the film Absentia

Clearly a low-budget horror film, but...actually pretty good. An original attempt worth your 90 minutes. I look forward to watching more from Mike Flanagan.

3. gloryofistanbul's rating of the film Absentia

clever,low budget film,very well acted and executed in fine style. Puts a lot of high budget horrors to shame

4. Ash's rating of the film Absentia

A classic horror with a contemporary twist. A very interesting take on the monster-movie subgenre with excellent acting and cinematography. Also, it passed the Bechdel Test and that is not common for the majority of horror films.

5. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Absentia

A beautifully understated horror/thriller/drama with great writing and fine acting throughout. This is low budget horror done right. I had stayed spoiler free and this movie sure took me for a chilling and engaging ride. Highly recommended!

6. Justerodeusintherain's rating of the film Absentia

This film was modest and humble with its take on a horror movie didnt need all the fuss and the build ups etc because to just place something scary in the mist of normality is just as haunting, The music and imagery was beautiful and still. Mike flanagan is a brilliant writer and director and its great to see that a director has the raw talent there with and without the budget.

7. Linden_Watterson's rating of the film Absentia

I really enjoyed this a lot. Its been so long since I've seen a ghost story that relied on good old fashioned storytelling that I am happy to settle for this near miss. The movie is shot in relatively long shots with a minimum of effects used, mostly in camera. The feeling of dread that I felt was largely achieved with camera work, silence and dialog. Even the soundtrack was very unobtrusive.

8. Junda Mane's rating of the film Absentia

Impressive indie film, the whole atmosphere and tone is spot on. An unnerving sense of dread and some good performances bring the tight script to life. Flanagan is a talent to watch.

9. purefault's rating of the film Absentia

The whole tone of this film was rather unique for a thriller. This has a couple of the creepiest scenes I've ever seen, and one in particular was done in such a simple way that didn't feel cheap. It was also nice to see the characters pretty fleshed out. Just the right amount of drama and creepiness.

10. João R's rating of the film Absentia

Realistic (in character terms), subtle, raw and cold with haunting music and slow images that brings a frightening and claustrophobic atmosphere. The cast is outstanding - specially, the sisters. The budget conditions didn't allow this movie to shine so bright as it could have. A shame, though. Moral: we rather invente a fantasy to silence the unkown, than accept the reality... but strange things happen, anyway.

11. IoanaGHERASIM's rating of the film Absentia

haunting movie coming right after "midnight meat train"

12. Westley's rating of the film Absentia

This is a smart horror film. The characters are well fleshed-out and believable. The film keeps you guessing as to what is real and what is imagined. It does a good job playing with different perspectives. It's a very creepy film.

13. Beefy's rating of the film Absentia

Starts off well enough with intriguing ideas and decent performances. Almost more drama than horror. Sadly, it doesn't know what to do with itself in the end and just sort of lurches to a senseless conclusion.

14. discobitch's rating of the film Absentia

I enjoyed this movie a lot!

15. Spook's rating of the film Absentia

Visually different from mainstream horror, which made it more realistic. Storywise it began very promising. It gave me a few good scares, but the ending failed to answer any questions and therefore disappointed me a bit. (But then again, I'm having a hard time appreciating supernatural horrorstories.)

16. Marco Tassinari's rating of the film Absentia

Girato con una Canon 5D Mark II. Fotografia limpida da reflex e approccio sobrio e naturalistico. (Gli si perdona volentieri l'uso insistito e un po' didascalico del fuoco/fuori fuoco, tipico delle potenzialità della reflex a uso cinema). Cresce piano, con un'iniziale diffidenza per la storia e per alcuni espedienti, poi convince e avvince. Ottima recitazione (bravissime le ragazze) e narrazione appassionata.

17. JapeMan's rating of the film Absentia

One of the twistiest films I've seen all year and also one of the very best!