1. msmichel's rating of the film Absolute Beginners

Temple's brash, bold and brazen musical is ripe for re-discovery even though its' ambition is its' downfall. The confused narrative unsure of its' intent or purpose is the film's problem but the scope of the production is impressive none the less. The attention to background detail and staging is very impressive even when the performances fail to dazzle. Best in show though is the song 'Quiet Life' with Ray Davies.

2. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Absolute Beginners

3. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Absolute Beginners

The bit with Ray Davies ("Quiet Life") and Bowie's "That's Motivation" are the highlights here, though the rest of the film isn't so bad even with all its flash and fantasy.

4. Edward Copeland's rating of the film Absolute Beginners

I don't usually go for films that are style over substance, but Julien Temple's musical is designed so well and moves so confidently, it wins me over every time. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2010/04/something-tells-me-too-many-people.html

5. Mugino's rating of the film Absolute Beginners

Upon repeat viewing -- and perhaps with a tinge of sadness after Bowie's untimely passing -- the exhilarating colors, sounds and staging increasingly stand out among others that have tried to do the same.