1. Chearth's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

A strange film that came together at its close, when Huppert's Maud — after being duped by a conman for all she's worth — tells her dumbfounded children, "It was me, but it was not me."

3. Raul Batiz's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

Siempre Excelente Isabelle Huppert

4. Luz Sabina's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

Isabelle es la más grande!!!!

5. anarresti's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

Jacques Audiard's "Rust and Bone" can be opposed to this film. The two works seem to be looking at different, sometimes parallel, other times tangent things in similar settings. What makes us fragile, what is debilitating in our nature and how does a relationship foster/overcome weakness? Both films start with lead characters that need to rebuild themselves after a event that changes their body dramatically.

6. riraru's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

Unfaßbar langweilig. Die einzige Spannung liegt darin wissen zu wollen, ob wirklich nichts weiter geschieht. Ohne Huppert hätte ich nicht bis zum Ende geschaut.

7. Zineu Simionato's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

Write checks, eat, sleep, telephone call, write checks... the loop goes on until you have nothing left

8. Rodrigo's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

Isabelle Huppert in bed. Isabelle Huppert struggles to do stuff. Isabelle Huppert writes a check. REPEAT.

9. Ameille's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

10. Sin título.'s rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

Necrofilia y dominación financiera; autosabotaje y sumisión. La oscura historia de dos individuos alienados de su realidad, él con un fuerte consumismo de escaparate lleno de falsas actitudes dominantes y ella como facilitadora y dominatriz (en ocasiones) sumisa de las conductas presentadas por él. Torcida y placentera.

11. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

5 stars for Isabelle Huppert.

12. Rocío En Ameca's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

Más amor, ¿no? ¿Cómo logró persuadirla? ¿Sólo con verlo por tele?

13. Nick Potter's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

Isabelle Huppert is truly remarkable, and while the story is so emotionally intense and the film is rather good, I found it not quite being able to reach a level of greatness..

14. Diderot's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

Thank you, Isabelle Huppert, for existing.

15. Laura Marin's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

c'était moi mais c'était pas moi

16. Landen Celano's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

Huppert, Huppert, Huppert. She's the reason for anything.

17. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

A film certain to resonate with those who have inhabited an atmosphere of abuse, control, manipulation, as well as of illness and (physical/mental/emotional) vulnerability. An excellent and extraordinarily entrancing piece. Also, Isabelle Huppert is phenomenal. It's unfortunate that so few of the reviews here seem to express a compassion toward's our protagonist.

18. Clarity_S's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

Aside from Huppert, who is luminous and so, so crafted and compelling, this film really left me wanting. I was engaged fully in the physicality of the characters - and the interesting interiors, but I didn't invest emotionally in the plot. I found it painfully predictable from the onset (and I knew nothing of the autobiographical nature of the film until just now). when I read MUBI's "take."

19. David R Williams's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

A lonely aging film director allows herself to be cheated out of everything she owns by a thuggish con-man. In real life when we hear of this sort of thing happening one's first reaction is to wonder how anyone could allow themselves to be scammed so ruthlessly. Far too often we learn that the victim is as clueless as we are. Breillat herself offers no answers. These things happen why do you need to know why?

20. T Mills's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

It's difficult to make a film about one's own life, even if it is fictionalized. There is something missing here that hurts the film, in my opinion, and it is the transition of her character. Like her at the end, I don't know why she did what she did, only that it happened. Perhaps that's the point but in terms of narrative, it doesn't work as well. Huppert is good as always.

21. Allison Rung's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

SPOILER Riveting in its expression of vulnerability, both in the obvious physical way, and in how the story keeps asking for violence. I was sure this would end with the red-on-white blood smears painted for us at the outset. Rather than fulfilling this, Breillat leaves it be, as an imagined, menacing backdrop to Maud and Vilko's developing relationship. "Tu n'as pas peur?" says Vilko, she says no, we say "Si!"

22. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

Reminds me of my french ex... The myth of the french sorceress (not limited to women), so neatly portraid; creating, taking and inflicting as much pain as possible, yet always pas mal.

23. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

I hate to disagree with the negative reviews here, but this is a psychologically compelling story that goes well beyond mere manipulation by a con artist. Maud and Vilko are engaged in a match of wits -- they both want to tame and control the other. Nor is the ending straightforward, as Maud is as much to blame for her troubles as is Vilko. "It was me and it wasn't me." More subtle than Breillat's other films.

24. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Abuse of Weakness

It's that pathological thing that we do. In 'The Frog and the Scorpion', as the frog is drowning the scorpion says "I could not help myself. It is my nature." The whole thing seemed a bit rushed, and Huppert (best actress in the world) did not perform up to standard.