1. FISCHER's rating of the film Adam's Apples

Une excellente et succulente première heure (comme une délicieuse tarte aux pommes) acidulée et pétillante à souhait, constellée d'un humour grinçant et décalé, avec des acteurs performants et des situations étonnantes d'absurdité. Par contre, la demi-heure qui suit n'échappe pas toujours à un grotesque facile et quelquefois pesant qui déséquilibre légèrement l'oeuvre dans son harmonie "divine"... www.cinefiches.com

2. ammar's rating of the film Adam's Apples

3. eroica's rating of the film Adam's Apples

4. EyesRus's rating of the film Adam's Apples

5. David R Williams's rating of the film Adam's Apples

Interesting & even amusing for the first half...then just repeats itself endlessly. Extra star for shooting the cat out of the tree. If only the rest of the film was as unexpected & shocking.

6. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Adam's Apples

It's ok for TV, good pie!

7. The Boreal Chorus's rating of the film Adam's Apples

Payback is both an epiphany and a ruthless bitch. Morality demands its share of the irrational: an ex-professional tennis player who retraces his steps to the rank of thief; a madonna on the edge of an abortion; a disgruntled immigrant masquerading as an unsung freedom fighter; a disfigured prophet who refuses to die from a brain tumor; and a baby-boomer skinhead on a quest to bake a pie. A plague upon us all.

8. naokoken's rating of the film Adam's Apples

"I think it's going to be a good day." Absolutely brilliant movie. A bit like reading a John Sladek novel. Dark, dark humor. "The Devil is testing us all the time. We have to make the right choices. If we all listened to reason the world would be a gloomy place to live." The Jeppe Kaas music really works in odd ways. Fantastic to watch the interaction of the priest Ivan and neo-Nazi Adam. My first Jensen film.

9. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Adam's Apples

Makes you root for a Neo Nazi. Wow. That's some crafty storytelling. Quirky and delightful.

10. Loz Loory's rating of the film Adam's Apples

3.5 At times, understatedly hilarious and delightfully wacky. At times, reminiscent of scarily sad Tennessee Williams plays about denial. The tree got tiring, if only because trees are like guns in movies. If a gun is shown, it will be shot. If a tree is shown, it will fall. The musical score was sometimes intrusively overly romantic, particularly during the pie-eating scene. Excellent acting all around.

11. mpho3's rating of the film Adam's Apples

A true stinker: "too flippant to be moving as a spiritual allegory and too clumsy and unfunny to succeed as a deadpan comedy, its momentarily amusing moments ... [are] overshadowed by its glib, pseudo-shocking treatment of sexual abuse, xenophobia, the handicapped and the Holocaust, and finally drowned out by its fundamentally tedious simplicity." (Nick Shager, Slant)

12. laurax's rating of the film Adam's Apples

13. Chris Hagelstein's rating of the film Adam's Apples

There's this strange tug of war between atheism and faith; good and evil. Transformation of the main character is genuinely cathartic. I was in tears in the end.

14. Mauricio Vega's rating of the film Adam's Apples

How far can the characters from this film go!, by the middle of the story seems that there is nothing more to be surprise about them, they are already too bizarre... even more bizarre than a neo nazi....

15. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Adam's Apples

Pulling from the Scandinavian sensibilities that produced it, the film is subtle. The conflict bubbles under the surface from the very get go, though it could easily be passed over because no one wants to rock the boat. The film knows what it wants to say and knows how to get there, but the road is still a bit too rocky for my tastes. A good film, but not exactly my style.

16. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Adam's Apples

17. Omus's rating of the film Adam's Apples

It's ultimately a bit corny and predictable, but the humor is dark as hell. There were at least 4 genuine laugh out loud moments. Don't watch if you have a sensitivity to animla death. It's played for a laugh, but still is quite harsh.

18. Linn's rating of the film Adam's Apples

Did I hear anyone say that the British are the only masters of black humour? This Danish masterpiece certainly proves otherwise and manages to be fun, enjoyable and warm throughout, even though the viewer has to suffer through almost as much as Ivan, the reality abnegating priest.

19. caitlin.f's rating of the film Adam's Apples

i zoned out during parts, but overall it was ok.

20. Ben Loory's rating of the film Adam's Apples

very very strong film. the only thing that keeps me from loving it is its rather airless, claustrophobic feel. which is part and parcel with the story, i suppose, but still grates on me after a while

21. brick_bro's rating of the film Adam's Apples

Definitely a bit outlandish, but a totally morbid and hilarious reminder that life is insane and trying to make sense of it can be just as futile.

22. elif jazel's rating of the film Adam's Apples

one of the best movies Ive ever watched. Im a big fan of Mikkelsen and I think this is his best performance. but the movie has a strong and deep story which makes it so unique. its not only the actors. great example of Danish cinema!

23. Andrew Short's rating of the film Adam's Apples

Leave it to the Danish to write a "comedy" about Job battling with a white supremacist. This is one of Mads Mikkelsen's best performances. It makes for a truly bizarre, captivating story. I'm glad I watched it.

24. saltwater's rating of the film Adam's Apples

Bizarre sense of humor that I didn't always get, but there are some really funny moments. And any reason to watch Mikkelsen is a good one.