1. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Adult Beginners

Adult Beginners is cut from the same cloth as dramedies like personal favorites Happy Christmas and The Skeleton Twins, and though it is far inferior to them, it still falls into my go-to list of not terribly self-centered melancholy films about going back to your hometown and getting to hang with your problematic family (I know, there are a countless terrible sundance ready films in this category).

2. Waxamillion's rating of the film Adult Beginners

This is one of those "I dont know what to watch" fluff movies. Kroll is as serious as he can be and the film is nice, just nothing special. It actually needed to be a touch more comedic to really hit home some of the scenes.

3. Craig Knittle's rating of the film Adult Beginners

This seems like the perfect vehicle for Kroll to launch as a leading man, but it is a SO by the books indie. That isn't the worst thing, it just makes it far too predictable.

4. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Adult Beginners

Tiene mucho de simpático esta comedia dramática. Lo mejor es tal que ninguno de estos se extrema. Su protagonista principal es caricaturesco, mas no se le ridiculiza cual Ben Stiller. Hay un gran giro dramático, mas este curiosamente no es el centro de atención. La película por sí misma parece desengancharse del mismo. Hay un aire de frustración, penas familiares, sin embargo no es un libro de autoayuda.

5. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Adult Beginners

I felt exasperated, searching for situations that could provide some good laughs, something that was never brought out.

6. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Adult Beginners

It's not as funny or emotionally apt as it intends to be but the cast has phenomenal chemistry, providing Adult Beginners a welcoming truth to the material given.

7. maurino's rating of the film Adult Beginners

rose byrne is as usual superb, but the movie is so disappointing in every possible way. was happy to hear my life in art by mojave 3 in the pre-final sequence.