1. Craig Knittle's rating of the film Advantageous

2. SBERB's rating of the film Advantageous

proprio i pipponi mentali che mi piacciono

3. IKB 191's rating of the film Advantageous

I give it 4 but it's an almost 4. The idea is interesting. But there is something that is missing. And the final didn't convince me at all. Pity.

4. ara's rating of the film Advantageous

i found it hard to feel any sympathy for the mother. she was so cold and absent, almost as if she was modeled after betty draper. a lot of her expressions and mannerisms bore an extreme resemblance. however, this film was very mind-blowing. i'm torn! but it's worth watching

5. Kyra W's rating of the film Advantageous

A haunting, beautiful scifi movie that explores the fears of the modern woman without exploiting them. A daughter who is aware of how her gender is treated in this futuristic world, deposable, worries about her future despite being a genius, and a mother who is willing to do anything to prevent her fate; It is largely about their relationship. This is a film that boarders on deep scifi and is, for once, not for men.

6. Àlex Frias Haro's rating of the film Advantageous

A pesar de tener ideas realmente interesantes sobre el sentido de la vida, la inmortalidad, la trascendencia del alma, así como las desventajas de la mujer en una sociedad competitiva, esta historia futurista no consigue ser lo suficientemente poderosa en su dirección, narración, y guión.

7. Ismael's rating of the film Advantageous

shostakovich in a hologram

8. k4t3's rating of the film Advantageous

These days, one can easily proclaim dark forebodings on the state of humanity (or not). Even though - as seen here - some scenarios hardly appear plausible. In a nutshell, this movie fails to deal with over-complexity within our digitized (!) world, which threatens to suffocate both the viewer's imagination and scope for interpretation. Instead, severe social criticism is substituted by wretched personal tragedy: 2.5

9. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Advantageous

3.5 really. Some things I really liked such as the ideas and the acting overall, especially from the young actress who I found superb, but like a lot of other Sci-Fi it did get bogged down in "explaining" its ideas often in very remedial ways which left it feeling cold. It also felt a little muted and safe around some ideas which left me a bit uneasy. But its a strong work & I look forward to Phang as time continues

10. MGeo's rating of the film Advantageous

I really want to like this movie. It has so many interesting ideas that turn out to be far more interesting than the story onscreen. While the film is opulent on a visual level, the acting and direction was so cold and remote; I had a hard time relating to just about anybody in the film at all. Hopefully the director will learn to rein her ideas in with a compelling story next time.

11. lisa's rating of the film Advantageous

more humanised speculative fiction than sci-fi. consciousness transference is an interesting fantasy but the best and most important part of this was women doing all they can to survive

12. Polyglot's rating of the film Advantageous

Looks like women are screwed in the "not-too-distant future" too. :(

13. Rebeca Magnus's rating of the film Advantageous

Too many loose ends, but nice concept.

14. Sefer Taslı Sapık's rating of the film Advantageous

15. jxn's rating of the film Advantageous

it may lose itself at times but my heart was totally broken by the end of this multi-layered masterwork. sci-fi needs more of this.

16. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Advantageous

A compelling speculation on Locke's account about personal identity embedded in the contemporary hypothetical Information Theory approach on consciousness transference. The narrative unfolds in a sterile mood only disturbed by the anxiety and the uncertainty of life in a world apparently null in terms of ethical and political discussions. Of contained way, Phang delivers a thought provoking disguised dystopia.

17. Clayton Wong's rating of the film Advantageous

Great science fiction does not need stunning special effects as much as it should pose questions about our humanity and grappling with worlds we've created.

18. Rocketeam's rating of the film Advantageous

It's always a joy to find a sci-fi film where the script beats the effects. Hollywood needs more of this.

19. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Advantageous

Mrs. Phang’s approach is comfortable and exquisitely sophisticated while Jacqueline Kim is superb as Gwen, displaying sadness and inner anxiety while weighing the pros and cons of a step that has no turning back. (3.5 stars)

20. Ash's rating of the film Advantageous

A prophetic near-future sci-fi centered around a woman and her daughter. It examines the lengths women are forced to go to survive in a biomedical technocracy fueled by capitalist greed, misogyny, and ageism. As a feminist, I found this film to be extremely important in its themes and characters. Highly recommend!

21. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Advantageous

Despite the empathetic acting, the story lacks punch and the drama and emotion is thin due to its synthetic presentation that makes one feel cold rather than engaged. The more interesting elements of the story take too long to get going and once they do there development is not concise enough, dwelling on points too long when it would feel more organic if it just moved on with them.